Fairer & more flexible
Built-in safety features for tough times
No hidden charges
The price we quote is the price you pay
If you're 50 to 80 and a UK resident
Could your family afford your funeral?
Funerals are expensive. Our National Funeral Cost Index Report says that in 2017, the average debt for those who struggled to pay was £1,680.
7 good reasons to choose us
- Start from only £3.95 a month - that’s just 13p a day!
- Flexible payments – reduce your cover to bring your payments down. Some won't let you do this.
- Guaranteed acceptance with no medical - for UK residents, aged 50-80.
- Immediate cover for accidental death – if you die from an accident in the first year.
- Full cover - after just one year. Some make you wait two years.
- 5 Star Rating - from Fairer Finance for product features. No other over 50s plan has a 5 Star Rating.
- †Fairer Cover – if you need to stop paying, your family can still get at least half of the payout when you die, as long as you’re at least halfway through paying for your policy. That’s halfway from the start of the policy until the policy anniversary date after you turn 90. You stop paying at that policy anniversary or when you die, whichever comes first.
Getting a quote takes just a few minutes
Under 50? Don't worry, you may still be able to get our Life Insurance
Answers to your questions
How does my family make a claim?
Making a claim is simple and straightforward. We have a dedicated UK-based claims line. Our trained staff will deal with your family with kindness and sympathy, and will do everything to make sure their claim goes as smoothly as possible.
You can find out more about making a claim.
Can I reduce my payments?
If you're feeling the pinch, rather than stop paying and risk losing all your cover, you can reduce it to bring your payments down. You just have to keep paying at least £3.95 a month.Some won't let you do this.
Can I have a joint policy?
No, but you can have one each.
Can I cash in my policy?
No, you can't cash in your policy at any time. An Over 50s policy only pays out on your death.
Can I cancel my policy?
You can cancel your policy at any time. If you cancel within 30 days of starting your cover, we'll refund any payments you've made. If you cancel after that, you won’t get anything back. If you feel you can’t afford your cover, talk to us. We may be able to reduce it to bring down your payments.
If you need to stop paying, your family can still get at least half of the payout when you die, as long as you’re at least halfway through paying for your policy. That’s halfway from the start of the policy until the policy anniversary date after you turn 90. You stop paying at that policy anniversary or when you die, whichever comes first.
Does the payout amount go up with inflation?
No. It's worth thinking about inflation, as prices increase over time and the payout you choose today may not be enough for your family in the future. If you would like a bigger payout, you can apply to take out an extra policy for as little as £1 a month. The maximum cover you can have is £10,000 or a maximum monthly payment of £100.
How long do I pay for?
You pay to the policy anniversary date after you turn 90, or until you pass away, whichever comes first. It’s worth remembering that depending on how long you live for, you could pay more in than the money paid out when you die.
50 to 80 year olds, UK residents only. Inflation reduces value of the payout amount. No cash-in value. Only pays out on death. If monthly payments stop, cover will reduce or end. Total monthly payments paid could exceed the payout. Full cover after 12 months.