Tell us about a bereavement
Letting us know that someone has died
Information you'll need
Find out what documents and information you'll need to have to hand when you get in touch with us about a death.
Contact us about a bereavement
You can let us know that someone has died over the phone or by post to start the claims process.
Use our online form
You can use our online form to let us know about a bereavement. We'll then get in touch at a time that suits you.
Need more support and guidance?
We understand that when someone dies, it can be a difficult time. We're working with our partner Co-op Legal Services to provide you with free practical help and advice on bereavement related issues.
This service is only available to customers who bought their policy directly from Royal London.
When you contact us, please try to have the following information to hand:
- The name of the deceased and their last known address
- Their date of birth if you know it
- Plan number (s) - not essential but it will help us locate any plans they held with us
- The death certificate if you have it (we might need the certificate number)
- The date of death
- If a will has been left, we will need the name of the executor if you know at the time you are calling
We will need your contact details (name and daytime contact number) so that we can reach you again if we need any further information to process the claim. There may be additional information we need - but we will let you know when we walk you through the process step by step.