How we use your personal information
As a customer of Royal London we use your information in a number of ways.
This is a notice we’re required to give you under the data protection laws. It tells you how Royal London will use your personal information in our mobile app.
We may update this notice from time to time and we’ll alert you to the important updates. This isn’t a legal contract between you and Royal London and doesn’t affect your rights under data protection laws.
For information on how we use your personal information for your pension plan visit royallondon.com/privacy
How do you use my information?
We use your information to identify you and to give you access to your plan through our mobile app.
Our legal basis for processing your information is that it’s necessary to meet our contract with you.
We’ll collect information on how and when you use our mobile app – this includes:
- the screens you access.
- the time and date you access the mobile app.
- the make and model of your mobile device.
- the operating system, like iOS and Android.
We collect all this information through Google Analytics and use it to enhance our mobile app and improve your experience.
We don’t have access to your IP address. Google do, but they don’t keep it.
We use the legal ground of legitimate business interests for all of this activity.
We keep hold of our customer’s usage information but this isn’t linked to your personal information.
Who sees and uses my personal information?
Certain employees of Royal London are given access to your personal information. We also share your information with other companies but we only use trusted third parties, such as:
- IT companies.
- Legal advisers and legal/regulatory bodies.
- Regulators such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We make sure the use of your information is protected and we’ll never sell your information.
The mobile app is hosted and supported by Royal London staff, so we don’t need to transfer your information outside of the EU (the UK and Ireland).
What are my rights?
- Access – You have the right to find out what personal information we hold about you.
- Rectification – If any of your details are incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to correct them for you.
- Erasure – You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- Object – If you have concerns about how we’re using your information for analysis, you have the right to object.
- Restriction – You have the right to restrict the use of your information in some circumstances.
- Data portability – you can ask us to send an electronic copy of some of your information, either to you or to another organisation.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us in writing.