Royal London is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
In today's digital age, we know that staying safe online is a top-of-mind priority for our customers - and so it is for Royal London, too. That's why we're dedicated to keeping your personal information protected whenever it's shared with us.
What is GDPR?
From May 2018 a new Data Protection law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), gives you more rights around how your information is used.
How we use your information can depend on both
- the type of policy that you took out;
- whether you bought through a financial adviser
To make sure you feel confident with how we use your information, we’ve created an Executive Privacy Statement and updated our detailed Privacy Notices to make things clearer.
For further information please contact us by email at GDPR@royallondon.com or by post to Royal London, Royal London House, Alderley Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1PF.
We’ll continue to update these notices as we receive feedback on how to make them easier to understand, and as we learn more about what the Information Commissioner’s Office expects. So please come back again.
Executive Privacy Statement
Royal London Group (RLG) is committed to making sure your can trust us with your personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information provided to us, both by you or by others on your behalf. It sets out our key principles and provides an overview of how we make sure this happens.
Our commitments to you are;
- We’ll only collect information that is needed to provide our services to you.
- We’ll make sure that we use and share your personal information fairly and in a way you’d expect.
- We’ll tell you how we use your information whenever we collect it, so you can make an informed decision.
- We’ll keep your information up to date when you tell us about changes.
- We’ll make it easy for you to exercise your rights.
- We won’t hold your information for any longer than we need.
- We’ll take appropriate measures to protect your information.
Royal London Group ensures all staff are aware of what they need to do to meet the above commitments through our Group Data Policy and associated training. Our Group Data Policy is set and monitored by the Royal London Group Executive.
Our specific Privacy Notices (see links below) provide more detail about how we use your information.
- You didn’t have a financial adviser when you took out the policy with Royal London
- Or you bought directly from Refuge Assurance, United Friendly, Phoenix Assurance, Royal Liver or Co-operative Insurance Services.
- Or you may also have bought via one of our partners such as Clydesdale Bank or Bounty or by one of our introducers such as Moneysupermarket, Quidco or Top Cash Back
Pensions (sold through an adviser)
- You had a financial adviser when you took out the plan.
- You bought a pension plan to help pay for your retirement.
- You may have originally taken your plan out with Scottish Life
- You may have taken out a plan via a workplace pension scheme
Protection (sold through an adviser)
- You had a financial adviser when you took out the plan
- You took out a protection plan, such as life cover or critical illness cover to payout in the event of ill health or death
- You may have originally taken out your plan with Bright Grey or Scottish Provident.
- You are an investor in one of our funds,
- Your are a client of RLAM Channel Islands as an individual,
- You are an adviser or wealth manager,
- You are an employee of an existing or potential institutional client, or are exercising investment control for an institutional client, or
- You are a tenant of one of our properties.
- Setting up and administering your plan
- Making payments to you or processing claims
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud
- Researching our customers’ opinions and exploring new ways to meet their needs
- Assessing and developing our products, systems, prices and brand
- Fulfilling any legal or regulatory obligations
- Providing optional tools for you to assess your plan/retirement savings
- Sending you marketing information
- If you’re a member, sending you membership information and managing your rights
- Monitoring the use of our websites