Adviser Helping Hand Privacy Notice
AIB Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this notice we’re referring to Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (registration number: 99064).
AIB What kinds of personal information do we hold for Helping Hand?
Data from LiveSmart
- User details – this includes name, address, phone number, email address etc.
- Survey results – contains the answers given to our health survey including items such as diet, activity, vitamins, sleep, job satisfaction, height, weight, fruit and veg intake and so on.
- Recommendations – information relating to recommendations made by us. For example, we may recommend that you add fruit to your cereal or get off the bus 1 stop earlier and walking to get some extra steps in.
- Notifications – where our doctors recommend you notify your GP about any findings including to-do lists relating to them.
To-Do – list of activities and actions required, some general, some clinical, for improving health outcomes
Data from Thrive: Mental Health
- Engagement, wellbeing and health outcome, i.e., whether you downloaded and are actively using the app and whether the service has helped improve your mental health
Data from TrackActiveMe
- Engagement, wellbeing and health outcome, i.e., whether you downloaded and are actively using the app and whether the service has helped improve your musculoskeletal condition
Data from Health Hero
- Engagement and health outcome, i.e., whether you were referred to one of our other partners or a private prescription was provided (no details of the prescription itself are provided)
AIG Where do we get your information from?
The information we receive will come directly from our Helping hand partners as listed above.
AIG How do we use your information?
As a customer of Royal London, we use your information in several ways. In this notice we have included the uses that we feel would be most important to you. There is further information on our full privacy notice on our website.
- Match services that we provide based on a more detailed understanding of your current and future health position. For example, if you tell us you have a sore back, we would recommend that you try using our digital physiotherapy partner TrackActiveMe.
- Improve the service that we offer and will be able to refine and improve product offerings both to existing and future clients. For example, add and remove health and wellbeing suppliers based on what your health data actually tells us you need help with.
Any information that you provide as part of Helping Hand will not be shared with or processed for underwriting or claims for your policy.
AIG Who sees and uses my personal information?
Employees of Royal London, who need to see or work on Helping Hand, are given access to your personal data. In addition to our own staff, we may share anonymised data with the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and our Reinsurers.
We make sure the use of your information is subject to appropriate protection and we will never sell your data.
AIG Our legal ground for using your information
Your personal information may be processed when we receive your consent. The consent you provide must be freely given, informed, specific, unambiguous and be given with a positive affirmative action.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy notice, or if you are unhappy about the way Royal London uses your personal data, please contact us using the details below.
Post: Data Protection Officer, Royal London House, Alderley Park, Congleton Road, Nether Alderley, Macclesfield, SK104EL.
AIG Overseas transfers
Depending on the specific policy you have with us, some of your personal data might be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We take specific steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and has the appropriate legal safeguards. If you wish to find out if this applies to you there is further information on our extended notice on our website.