The penny drops podcast: What is responsible investment?
People often assume that their pensions just sit there. But they’re invested for us – and, when invested responsibly, they can be used to help us move to a more sustainable world. In this month’s episode we discuss all things responsible investment – what it is, why it’s important and how it can play a role in helping us to tackle big global issues like climate change.
What will we be talking about?
- The difference between responsible, ethical, and sustainable investing
- Different approaches to responsible investment
- The role pensions and investments can play in helping to tackle environmental and social issues
- How engaging with companies as an investor can influence positive change
- What Net Zero is and how this can apply to investing
- What Just Transition is and how it can help people as we move to a low carbon economy
- The importance of knowing your provider and how your pension is being invested
Who are our guests?
On this episode we’re joined by Ashley Hamilton Claxton, Head of Responsible Investment for Royal London Asset Management.
All views and opinions expressed in the podcast are those of the guests and not of Royal London.
Where can you listen?
You can download and listen to episodes using the iTunes Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Castbox apps – just search for ‘The penny drops’. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any new episodes, and please do leave us a review. We’d love to know what you think of the series.
If you don’t have access to an app, you can listen to the podcast online.
This episode was recorded in September 2021 during the coronavirus outbreak. For the latest information on financial support and benefits, visit gov.uk/coronavirus.
Please note that all topics discussed in this episode can vary depending on your personal circumstances. The value of investments can fall as well as rise, and you could get back less than you pay in. Any figures quoted were accurate at the time of recording.
More on responsible investment
Read our case studies to discover how the Responsible Investment team at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) engages with companies to influence and create change.
We’re committed to acting and investing responsibly for our customers. Find out more about our approach to responsible investment and how your pension can make a difference.