The penny drops podcast: Why it’s time to think differently about our finances
For most of us, when we think about finance, we might consider what products we need, how to save for that big purchase – or maybe you’re just not sure about the right things to do when it comes to managing your money. But it’s time to think differently about our finances and what we want from them.
In this month’s episode we explore how we can save for the future and invest responsibly, helping us to build financial resilience as well as a better and more sustainable world to live in.
What will we be talking about?
- Why responsible investing matters
- Using our investments to make a positive impact on the world
- How the way we invest can impact both our finances and future standard of living
- What ESG (environmental, social and governance) means in investing
- How financial advice can help improve how we feel about our money
- How to find out where your pension is invested and important questions to ask
- How a pension default fund works
- How to find out if the companies you invest money with are having a positive impact
- Actions you can take if you want to start making a difference
Who is our guest?
Sarah Pennells is a consumer finance specialist at Royal London, leading on campaigning and acting as a consumer advocate and expert on strategic programmes, especially around support and guidance for customers. Before joining Royal London, Sarah was an award-winning personal finance journalist and broadcaster, and the creator of SavvyWoman, the UK’s leading money website for women. She has written three personal finance books, on green and ethical money, money and relationships and the financial impact of divorce, and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
All views and opinions expressed in the podcast are those of the guest and not of Royal London.
Where can you listen?
You can download and listen to episodes using the iTunes Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Castbox apps – just search for ‘The penny drops’. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any new episodes, and please do leave us a review. We’d love to know what you think of the series.
If you don’t have access to an app, you can listen to the podcast online.