Choosing the right insurance for you
What kinds of life cover are there?
We offer two kinds that you can buy instantly online without getting any advice:
- Over 50s Life Cover for people aged between 50 and 80. The cover lasts for life as long as you keep up your payments. Monthly payments start at £3.95 and it can provide a cash sum on death of up to £25,000.
- Our Life Insurance for people aged 18 to 70. The cover lasts for a set period of time (known as the term) and can pay out a cash sum of up to £350,000 or a regular income of up to £2,500 a month.
And several other kinds that you need to speak to a financial adviser about before deciding on the right option for your needs.
To give you an idea of the kinds of covers your adviser might recommend, here’s a summary of what we offer through advisers. If you think any of this might be relevant for you, you should speak to a financial adviser.
- Life Cover pays out if you die or become terminally ill within the term of the plan
- Life or Critical Illness Cover pays out if you are diagnosed with an illness that meets our definition or you die, whichever happens first
- Critical Illness Cover pays out if you are diagnosed with an illness that meets our definition
- Income Protection pays out if you can’t work because of illness or injury and meet our definition of incapacitated
- Diabetes Life Cover is specifically designed for people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
What’s more, if you take out an insurance plan through an adviser, you’re automatically entitled to use our support service, Helping Hand. It gives you someone to turn to for practical and emotional support at the worst possible times. It’s not just for when you make a claim either: you can use the service whenever you need it to get you through life’s major challenges. And it’s available to your family (spouse or partner and children) too.