You need to consider your retirement carefully so, we’ll show you how taking a lump sum or staying invested in your pension could affect your retirement plans. Whilst we can provide some information to help you achieve the best possible retirement outcome, we strongly recommend that you speak to a Financial Adviser. Advisers may charge for their services – though they should agree any fees with you upfront.
What to expect:
- It takes about 5 minutes to explore your options
- We'll ask you a set of questions about things that are important to consider
- It'll help if you have your most recent pension value to hand.
Is this service right for me?
While we’d like to help everyone, we recognise that some pension products and personal circumstances can be complicated.
You can use this service if:
- You are aged 55 or over and live in the UK
- You’ve not withdrawn money from this pension before
- Your plan doesn’t have any safeguarded or protected benefits (e.g. enhanced tax free cash or guaranteed annuity rates) – Keep in mind that taking a cash lump sum could impact these benefits
- You don’t have any serious health conditions – Other withdrawal options may be available.
Find the support you need
Find a financial adviser
We strongly recommend talking about your retirement options with a professional financial adviser.
Pension Wise (external site) is a government service from MoneyHelper that offers free, impartial pensions guidance.
Get in touch
Have a question or need some support? Our customer service team are here to help.