Personalising your plan
By paying a little extra in to your plan each month, you can personalize your plan so that it will cover a range of enhanced features:
Upgrade your standard veneered coffin to a superior veneer or solid wood
Add up to two additional limousines for mourners
You can make additional payment contributions that can be put towards flowers, a wake plus more
From £28.72* per month
- Includes collection, care and viewing of your body
- An approved funeral director who will carry out your choice of burial or cremation funeral
- Doctor’s fees for certificates for cremation (if applicable)
- Arrangement of the funeral service at a local cemetery or crematorium including 50 order of service cards
- Veneered coffin, 1 limousine and hearse to transport your body
You can tailor your Traditional Funeral Plan should you wish
*Figures based on a 50 year old living in Northern Ireland, taking out a Traditional Cremation Plan. Actual costs will depend on your age, where you live, and any options you select. Pricing correct as at 07 April 2020.
What’s not included?
- The cost of a service at a place of worship
- Collection of the body from overseas and repatriation to the UK
- The cost of embalming is not included
- A memorial such as a headstone or plaque
- Purchase of a burial plot – this will need to be done separately
You will need to choose between a burial and a cremation when you apply for your funeral plan and this decision cannot be changed once the plan starts. For burials, a plot is not included and will need to be purchased independently.
See our terms and conditions for all details of what is and isn’t included.
Do you do payment holidays?
After your first year, you can have a break from making your monthly payments for up to six months – and still stay insured. You'll have to make up the missed payments before the policy will deliver the funeral services set out in your plan.
What happens if I would prefer a burial rather than a cremation?
When you take out your funeral plan, you can choose to have a burial or a cremation. It’s important to note that once your plan starts, it’s not possible to change your decision. And, for burials, your plan does not cover the cost of purchasing a burial plot. You will need to make your own arrangements for your plot.
Will the Traditional Funeral Plan cover the cost of a wake or reception?
Although the Traditional Funeral Plan does not cover the cost of a wake or a reception, you can customise your plan to include a financial contribution towards additional expenses such as venue hire or catering. This won’t be carried out as part of your funeral package but the financial contribution will be paid to your personal representatives.
Who will be my funeral director?
If you choose the Traditional Funeral Plan, we will show you who your funeral director will be before you agree to take out your plan. They will be a local funeral director allocated by Ecclesiastical Planning Services.
You can apply online or by calling us on:
Mon to Fri: 8am–7pm. Sat: 9am–5pm. Sun: 10am–4pm.