The Alternative Cremation Plan
A low-cost option to cover the essentials of a cremation
If you feel a traditional funeral isn’t for you, we’ve designed an Alternative Cremation Plan. This plan allows you to ease the financial burden on your family of the cost of the cremation, leaving your loved ones free to arrange a personal send off.
- A basic, ‘no-frills’ option that covers your essential cremation costs
- Avoids the cost and stress of arranging a traditional funeral and eases the pressure on your loved ones
- Spread the cost of your cremation with affordable monthly payments. Pay until the plan anniversary after your 90th birthday or until you die, whichever is sooner
- From £16 per month
Please note there is no funeral service and your loved ones will not be able attend the cremation if you choose this plan. If this is important to you, our Traditional Plan may be more suitable.
From £16 per month
- Collection of the deceased from anywhere in the UK, within 24 hours of notification of death
- Care of the deceased
- Doctor’s fees for certification of death
- Cremation of the deceased.
- Delivery of ashes to a nominated person (UK only) within 10 days of the cremation
What’s not included?
- Attendance at the cremation by mourners or a funeral service
- Collection of the deceased from overseas and repatriation in the UK or delivery of the ashes outside the UK
- A memorial such as a plaque
- Any doctor's fees other than for certification of death
See our terms and conditions for all details of what is and isn’t included.
Your policy only pays out on death, and there is no cash in value. If you die of natural causes within the first year your funeral package will not be provided. Depending on how long you live, you could pay in more than the value of your plan.