From £15.82 a month*
- Collection of the deceased from anywhere in the UK, within 24 hours of notification of death
- Care of the deceased
- Doctor’s fees for certification of death
- Cremation of the deceased
- Delivery of ashes to a nominated person (UK only) within 10 days of the cremation
*Figures based on a 50 year old. Price is dependent on age. Pricing correct as at 11 September 2018.
What's not included
- Attendance at the cremation by mourners or a funeral service
- Collection of the deceased from overseas and repatriation in the UK or delivery of the ashes outside the UK
- A memorial such as a plaque
- Any doctor's fees other than for certification of death
- See our terms and conditions for all details of what is and isn’t included
Frequently asked questions
Who will be my cremation provider?
If you choose the Alternative Cremation Plan, your cremation provider will be confirmed to you in your welcome pack. Please note you cannot change your cremation provider once your policy has started.
Can my loved ones arrange to view my body with this plan?
In order to minimise costs, your body will be taken to a crematorium at a time and place that best suits the cremation provider. For this reason, it will not be possible to arrange to view your body once collected for cremation.
Does this option include a funeral ceremony?
No. The Alternative Cremation Plan does not include a ceremony. It only covers the essential cremation costs. Also, your loved ones will not be able to attend the cremation itself. If a service is important to you, you may want to consider our Traditional Funeral Plan.
What happens if my loved ones would like to arrange a funeral for me after my ashes have been returned?
Once your ashes are returned to your family, they will be free to have any kind of funeral service or celebration they wish – however The Alternative Cremation Plan does not cover any of the costs associated with hosting these events. If this is important to you, you may want to consider our Traditional Funeral Plan which is designed to pay for a traditional funeral including a service and burial/cremation.
How will my loved ones know which services have been paid for?
It’s important you tell your family about your plan and let them know where you keep your Royal London paperwork. This will help your loved ones trace the important information they will need. And, of course, we’ll be here to answer any questions they may have. Once you have arranged your plan, you will receive a Certificate of Entitlement which will make it clear what is included and explain what your loved ones should do when you die.
You can apply online or by calling us on:
Mon to Fri: 8am–7pm. Sat: 9am–5pm. Sun: 10am–4pm.