The Scottish Life Fund bonus report for 2017
Relevant planholders will receive their statement packs in June 2018.
Every year we issue The Scottish Life Fund annual bonus report to our customers who own certain conventional with profits plans in this fund.
This report includes:
- A bonus statement for each plan which aims to provide information about the performance of plan over the last 12 months.
- Annual Update booklet to keep you informed of the investment performance of the Scottish Life fund in the year ending 31 December 2017 and the benefits under your with profits plan.
- Frequently Asked Questions leaflet.
- The investments backing with profits plans in the Scottish Life fund returned 4.1% during 2017.
- At the start of 2018 we targeted payouts at 118% of asset share.
- This is up from 106% in the middle of 2017. For more information on this see page 8 of the annual update booklet
- Regular bonus rates were maintained at 0.1%.
What are the relevant plan types?
- Budget Plan
- Endowment Assurance
- Individual Pensions Arrangement
- Individual Pensions Arrangement - Term Assurance
- Low Cost Mortgage Plan
- Whole of Life Assurance
- Personal Pension Bonus Bond
- Personal Pension Plan
- Personal Pension Policy
- Versatile Retirement Benefit Plan.
More information about the With Profits fund
The way in which we manage the Scottish Life fund is explained in detail in the Scottish Life PPFM documents in the Royal London PPFM section of this website.
You can view and download the following documents together with the most recent report about how we have complied with the PPFM or you can ask us to send you copies by calling us on 0345 05 02 020.
- Principles and Practices of Financial Management (PPFM) – a detailed technical document that explains how we manage the with profits fund including how our with profits plans work and what benefits you can expect from them. The Principles are high level statements setting out how we intend to manage the fund over the long term. The Practices are more specific statements that describe how we intend to follow the Principles in managing the fund on a day-to-day basis.
- A guide to how we manage our with profits fund – a plain English guide to the key points of the PPFM. The most recent version (November 2014) that covers your plan is Guide 5. We will send you an updated version of the guide with a future statement if we make any significant changes.
- Investment mix and investment returns for with profits plans – a leaflet showing the investment mix and investment returns in recent years for with profits plans invested in the fund.
- Principles and Practices of Financial Management - the Directors' report to with profits planholders on our compliance with the PPFM.
How can I find out more?
If you need any more information or have any questions on the Scottish Life fund or your with profits plan please call us on 0345 60 50 050 between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday, except bank holidays.