- A fifth of people in the UK said they plan on making a New Year’s resolution*
- The most popular was to improve their health (36%) followed by exercising more (33%)
- Financial resolutions were also top of mind with a fifth (21%) wanting to save money and one in seven (15%) wanting to spend less
- Analysis by mutual insurer Royal London shows that health improvements could reap financial rewards as well as health benefits as smokers who quit the habit could save nearly £1,000 a year on their life insurance premiums
For further information please contact:
Neil Cameron, PR Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mob: 07919 171969
Notes to Editors
*Royal London commissioned a survey by Opinium between 17-21 December 2021 with a sample of 2,000 nationally representative UK adults.
**Quotes for life insurance premiums are based on level single life cover over a 25 year term for £150,000 sum assured, as at March 2021.
About Royal London
Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK, with assets under management of £153 billion, 8.8 million policies in force and 4,075 employees. Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2021.