Access your pension

Your retirement options

When you reach age 55, you'll be able to access your retirement savings – even if you’re still working. So whenever the time feels right for you, you'll find three main ways to enjoy the money you’ve saved: 

  1. Take it all as cash – have all your retirement savings paid as a cash lump sum (25% tax free, tax due on the remaining 75% if you choose to access all of your retirement savings).
  2. Enjoy flexible access to your savings – take the income you need, when you need it. 
  3. Buy a secure income – enjoy a guaranteed regular income for the rest of your life.

Of course, there's no rush to do anything. You can put things off until whenever you're ready.

Find the support you need

You've got some big decisions ahead - and no doubt you'll have some questions. 
The good news is, there's plenty of support available.

Find tailored advice that's right for you

Find a financial adviser

Access free support from the government

Pension Wise

Get in touch with Royal London

Contact us