The penny drops podcast: How to start your own business
The past year has seen many people reassess their career options, and potentially think about starting a business themselves. But what are some of the things you might need to consider before taking the plunge?
In this month’s episode we talk all things business, from side hustles, choosing a partner and developing a product, to funding, risks and hidden costs.
What will we be talking about?
- Preparing financially to start a business
- Business insurance, taxes and hidden costs
- Picking the right business partner
- Developing the right product or service
- Working out what to charge
- Key challenges to getting a business off the ground
- Managing a business during Covid-19
- Resources and tips for aspiring entrepreneurs
Who is our guest?
Dan Moosah, is the founder of Keep Em Quiet, a company that creates entertainment packs for children.
All views and opinions expressed in the podcast are those of the guest and not of Royal London.
Where can you listen?
You can download and listen to episodes using the iTunes Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Castbox apps – just search for ‘The penny drops’. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any new episodes, and please do leave us a review. We’d love to know what you think of the series.
If you don’t have access to an app, you can listen to the podcast online.