End user licence agreement
Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms, please delete the App from your device.
- Important Information when using the App
- Using the App and Services
- Acceptable use restrictions
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- When we may end your rights to use the App and the Services
- Contacting us
- About us
Important information when using the App
Under data protection legislation, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes and your rights in relation to your personal data and how to exercise them. By using the App you agree to our Privacy Notice and Cookie (and similar technologies) Policy which sets out this information.
Other terms and conditions (including, but not limited to, our website terms and conditions) may apply to some of the Services and to our products made available to you and/or referred to through the App (“Products”). If these Terms conflict with any Product or service related terms and conditions, the relevant Product or service related terms and conditions shall prevail.
We may need to change these Terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. Where possible, we will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change by sending you an email with details of the change or by notifying you of a change when you next start the App.
From time to time we may automatically update the App and change the Services to improve performance, introduce new features, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update the App for these reasons. If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the App and the Services.
Check that the App and the Services are suitable for you. The App and the Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App and the Services meet your requirements.
This App does use the data connection of your device including when you are sending or receiving content and information through it. You are responsible for all network, data or other charges that you incur when downloading and using the App and as well as complying with any terms of your communication provider.
The App or any Services may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgment about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the App or any Services may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
Using the App and Services
To use the App you must already hold a Royal London individual or workplace pension plan and have completed the registration process using the plan number shown or plan reference on your welcome letter or annual statement. You can use the App to access details of your pensions savings, contributions, charges, investments, withdrawals and nominated beneficiary/ies. Information is also provided within the App on how to pay money into your plan (single or regular payments). New functionality includes transfers from other pension plans; changing the nominated beneficiary/ies and single sign on (SSO) registration and authentication.
The App and the Services are provided for general information purposes only and may include links to articles and guides to keep you informed on financial matters relating to our products. You should not rely on them as advice (including financial advice) or a recommendation that any product or service is suitable for you or your circumstances. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the App or the Services. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by the App and the Services, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date.
Some of the information, articles and tools may be published by third parties and do not represent the views or opinions of us or the Royal London Group. We are not responsible for the validity or accuracy of such publications.
The App complies with appropriate UK laws and regulations. We do not charge you for using the App or Services (excluding any product related charges).
For operating system requirements, please refer to the compatibility section on the App prior to downloading.
Please back-up content and data used with the App. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the App, to protect yourself in case of problems with the App or the Services.
In return for you agreeing to comply with these Terms, we are granting you the non-exclusive right to download and use the App on your mobile device. You cannot transfer this right to anyone else. At all times we remain the owner of the App and retain all of the rights that we do not expressly grant to you in these Terms. The App is for your personal use only and except where any Services or Products relate to your own business, it must not be used in any way for commercial purposes including any form or re-sale or re-utilisation.
You may use any documentation to support your permitted use of the App and the Services and receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of the App incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
If you use the App on any mobile device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these Terms, whether or not you own the mobile device.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another company within the Royal London Group or a third party but we will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
If you sell or transfer ownership of your mobile device to anyone else, you must delete the App before doing so. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss you suffer as a result of not doing so.
You agree that you will not (unless otherwise agreed by us in writing):
- make a copy of the App, documentation or Services (except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for back-up purposes or operational security);
- rent, lease sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the whole or any part of the App, documentation or Services;
- corrupt, damage or interfere with the App or the Services such as making alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the App or Services, or permitting the App or Services or any part of the App or the Services to be combined with, or become incorporated with, any other programs;
- disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or the Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (“Permitted Objective”), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without the licensor’s prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Services.
- provide or otherwise make available the App or Services in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person.
Acceptable use restrictions
- not use the App or any Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, or act fraudulently, misleadingly or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App, any Services or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or any Services (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these Terms);
- not transmit any material that is, in our reasonable opinion, defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate in relation to your use of the App or any Services;
- not use the App or any Services in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Services or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Services.
Intellectual property rights
All rights are expressly reserved in all intellectual property of the App, the documentation and the Services including, but not limited to, all trade marks, trade names, logos, service marks which are the property of the Royal London Group and all copyrights, design rights, database rights, software and other intellectual property in the App which the Royal London Group owns or is licensed to use, as well as the intellectual property rights in the content, data, branding, look and feel or links in the App or Services. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to the App, the documentation or the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these Terms.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We will use reasonable efforts to make the App available at all times. We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Services or support for the App or the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaching these Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these Terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
If, for any reason, we are found to be liable to you for any damage or loss (including through negligence) which arises in any way out of, or is in any way connected with, your use of the App or the Services, our liability (save as prohibited by applicable law) shall in no event exceed the greater of the total of any amounts paid by you to us in relation to the part of the App or the Services to which the claim relates in the six months prior to the date of the initial claim; and £100.00.
We are not liable for business losses. The App is for domestic and private use. If you use the App for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
When we may end your rights to use the App and the Services
We may end your rights to use the App and Services at any time by contacting you if you have breached these Terms and if appropriate, pursue legal action against you (for example, if you have acted fraudulently). If what you have done can be put right, we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If we end your rights to use the App and Services:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these Terms, including your use of the App and any Services.
- You must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the App which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
- We may cease providing you with access to the App and Services.
With the exception of the Royal London Group, no other person except you and us shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to insist you perform any of your obligations under these Terms or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean we have given up our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations.
The laws of the relevant part of the United Kingdom in which you live shall govern these Terms and if you or we wish to take legal action in relation to these Terms we shall do so in the courts of that part of the United Kingdom.
If you want to learn more about the App or the Services or have any problems using them please take a look at our support resources.
If you think the App or the Services are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason please email our customer service team at Customer.Relations@royallondon.com or call them on 0204 525 3770.
If we have to contact you, we will do so by email using the contact details you have provided to us.
The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 99064, a registered office at 55 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0RL. In these Terms, references to The Royal London Group shall mean Royal London and its subsidiaries. Find details of the companies that are part of The Royal London Group.
We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our Financial Services Register number is 117672.