- Young women putting financial futures at risk by opting out of pensions
- New FOI reveals HMRC have applied ‘withdrawal penalties’ of over £9m on holders of Lifetime ISAs
- Royal London rejects standardised approach to benefit statements in favour of a principles-based approach
- Promise of new review on tapered annual allowance ‘not urgent enough in a crisis’
- We must grasp opportunity to boost women's pension saving as they close employment gap with men
- Playtech's latest pay proposals a raw deal for shareholders
- Prime Minister urged to make good on his manifesto promises
- Uncertainty threatens to linger
- ‘Where should trustees draw the line on supporting members considering a pension transfer?’ - new analysis from Eversheds Sutherland and Royal London
- "Financial advice provides £47,000 wealth uplift in a decade" – new research from Royal London and the International Longevity Centre
- “HMRC issues warning that high earners are failing to report pensions growth on tax return” – taxpayers could face huge bills for undeclared pension contributions
- Conservative Manifesto: ‘Pension tax relief announcements welcome – but action needed’
- “New FOI confirms 200,000 families where the ‘wrong’ parent claims the Child Benefit – but here’s how to fix it”
- A grim November for the UK economy
- Working parents promised thousands of pounds in support with childcare costs
- Labour’s ambitious pension plans will weigh heavily on the public purse
- Lib Dem manifesto pledges help for 1950s women but no sign of pension tax relief overhaul
- Self-employment and young people - Royal London comments
- Give the gift of future presents each Christmas to build thousands of pounds by age 18
- Financial vulnerability of self-employed an ‘area of concern’ as figures show strong growth in numbers
- Fall in women in employment must not be allowed to continue
- Uncertainty continues to drag on growth
- Pensions and the General Election – new Royal London analysis highlights risk of ‘safety first’ policies by major parties
- Independent schools opting out of Teachers Pension Scheme urged to ‘shop around’ and take advice before choosing new pension arrangements
- Five misconceptions about Wills
- Government must commit to annual increase of benefit to tackle funeral poverty
- UK looking at stagnant end to the year
- Savers should think twice before raiding their pension to purchase property
- HMRC ‘breaks its own record’ for overtaxing people on their pensions
- “Pension freedom withdrawals pass £30 billion, but savers being ‘savvy’ to reduce their tax bill”
- 'New figures show worrying decline in employer awareness of automatic enrolment'
- RLAM welcomes revised UK stewardship code
- We need urgent reform of ridiculous web of tax allowances – Royal London
- Pensions boost has a sting in the tail – Royal London calculations show TV licence cut means 1.7 million over 75s face real terms cut in living standards next year
- Huge surge in people topping up their state pension
- Royal London enhances income protection for NHS professionals
- Labour market data in line with struggling economy
- Vital Pensions Bill measures blocked as Treasury has ‘no vision for pensions’
- New report on pensions and tax 'a very sensible manifesto' - but will HMRC treat it with 'contempt' as before?
- Royal London pilots life cover for severe mental health conditions
- Newly retired women urged by Royal London to check state pension for little-known boost
- Opperman letter sets clear direction of travel on ESG for pension schemes
- Government must learn lessons from state pension age case
- Latest figures indicate modest rate cut looks more likely as uncertainty continues
- Change at Metro Bank sends signal of hope
- Londoners and Scots most likely to have put off a big decision because of Brexit
- Three million Brits put off buying a new home because of Brexit
- Increase in contributions exceeding annual allowance is “just the beginning”
- As the number of people aged over 90 continues to grow government must address ticking time bomb of retirement under provision
- Sterling volatility continues as UK runs out of options
- New Chief Executive Barry O’Dwyer joins Royal London
- Bank of England on hold - not frozen
- Ryanair AGM dissent should have come as no surprise
- Saudi oil attacks: what’s next? – Piers Hillier, Royal London Asset Management
- 'RIO' Borrowers face steep hike in interest rates for privilege of continuing to borrow into retirement
- The global outlook remains "a tug-of-war between stimulus and trade tensions"
- Surge in employment shows older workers are a force to be reckoned with
- Over 60s throwing away up to £1.75bn in retirement savings by opting out of pensions
- "Revolving door at DWP continues to turn" as Coffey replaces Rudd
- New FOI shows state support for low income homeowners 'all but abolished'
- 'The pound is now as volatile as the stock market, a very unusual state of affairs for a developed economy'
- Sustainable withdrawal rates vital to income drawdown success
- ‘Government announcement of time-limited state pension increases ‘deeply worrying’ for ex-pats living in Europe’
- Five good reasons to think twice before consolidating your pension pots
- Parents must not put their retirement security at risk to help children onto the housing ladder
- 'We need long term thinking not kneejerk reactions to address ageing population issues
- "Something is going wrong somewhere" - Becky O'Connor, Royal London comments on latest tax-free childcare statistics
- 'There is still work to be done to align executive pay' - Ashley Hamilton-Claxton, Royal London Asset Management
- Greene King takeover - UK companies still attractive to overseas buyers
- Government must think carefully before taking drastic action on state pension age
- Why taking money from the ‘wrong’ pension pot could cost you dear – new warning from Steve Webb
- Royal London interim results show robust performance
- Pensioners risk huge blow to income if they miss pension credit deadline
- We need greater awareness of cohabiting couples’ rights as numbers continue to surge
- 'RIO' home loans "not the answer" for majority of interest-only borrowers - Royal London Analysis
- Poor governance at the smallest schemes putting retirement of members at risk
- “New HMRC figures show pensions over-taxation scandal hits record level”- Steve Webb, Royal London
- Access to insurance can be improved through digitalisation of medical records
- Enthusiasm for pension freedoms remains high with record level of pension withdrawals in Q2 2019
- Retirement Outcomes Review - FCA’s stance will safeguard against bad retirement outcomes
- LSE should 'strategically develop' in the direction of data
- New PM urged not to neglect domestic agenda on pensions and social care
- Cost of losing childcare vouchers could run into thousands for parents of school children
- Inheritance and tax top the table of worries about a change of government among investors
- No such thing as a typical drawdown customer
- Government funeral fund improvements fall short yet again
- HMRC admits it 'hasn't got a clue' how many people are facing fines over pension tax relief rules
- "Expect the worst when it comes to finances"
- New civil partnerships proposals could lead to 'major boost' to family finances
- RLAM bolsters responsible investment team with two hires
- Life policies should not have to be written under trust to avoid IHT
- "Changes on life insurance and IHT a big step forward - but government urged to go further"
- "New statement shows government 'dragging its heels' on pensions equality"
- “Could Jeremy Hunt’s social care proposals fatally undermine automatic enrolment for pensions?”
- Royal London appoints Steve Murray as corporate development director
- Brits "more pessimistic and polarised" about Brexit impact on finances
- The changing nature of protection
- Lack of really long gilts shows UK’s failure to “seize the moment”
- ‘New figures reveal risk of a ‘lost generation’ as contributions to new pensions 80% lower than amounts going in to older pensions’
- US Federal Reserve: opening the door to a rate cut
- Breathing space scheme eases pressure for all of us
- Quicker action needed ‘against those who are not doing a proper job’ on DB transfer advice
- MPs grill industry on funeral costs
- Royal London appoint new Group Chief Executive
- Pensioners risk losing more than a free tv licence if they don’t claim pension credit
- Increase in female employment drives number in work to record high
- Cremation fees rise by up to 56% over four years
- Pre-school costs more than mortgage or rent for working parents
- More than half a billion paid out in claims by Royal London
- Britain back in the pension savings habit as stats show £90.4bn saved
- Minister forced to admit ‘significant’ problems as a third of a million incorrect state pension forecasts issued
- Chris Curry an “excellent choice” for dashboard delivery group
- Funeral plan regulation to offer consumers greater protection
- Government 'double-counting' blunder means take up of marriage tax break far lower than previously claimed by Ministers
- "Use Parliamentary limbo period to table Pensions Bill"
- Nora O’Mahony appointed non-executive director for Royal London fund boards
- RLAM renews calls for a new independent chairman to ‘lead governance reforms’ at Metro Bank
- Government receives one complaint every hour about tax-free childcare
- RLAM remains unconvinced that Metro Bank has sufficiently addressed previous governance concerns
- Number of grandparents getting state pension help for looking after grandchildren passes 10,000
- UK labour market: first signs of trouble?
- Major shift needed to address gender pay gap
- Ahead of Playtech's AGM, Royal London Asset Management still has some concerns
- Finding the right medicine - how to fix the problems between doctors and their pension scheme
- How far up the housing equity ladder should you expect to be at your age?
- Bank of England still signalling future rate rises
- Divorced Brits regret splitting after new financial pressures hit home
- Appetite for pension reforms undimmed as withdrawals top £25bn
- Millions risk financial welfare due to lack of understanding around Power of Attorney
- Policy reform, not more bank of mum and dad, required to ease intergenerational divides
- Renters hit hardest by rising costs
- Improvement in pension incomes could “go into reverse” without government action
- Royal London introduces more flexibility to income protection
- Women's pension equality 'still decades away' despite growth in pension coverage
- AE an "enormous success" but we need to include self-employed
- New FOI reveals far more low-paid workers missing out on pension tax relief than previously thought
- We need to get dashboard right first time
- Single, under 40, in work and renting – a snapshot of debt nation
- Half a million workers past pension age may be paying unnecessary tax on their state pension
- John Brett appointed non-executive director for Royal London fund boards
- HMRC ‘moving at snail’s pace’ in resolving tax issues around GMPs
- RLAM moves to fixed fund management fee
- Financial planning "must keep up" with changing circumstances as marriage rates for older couples rise
- Fall in pensioner incomes shows rising prosperity of elderly cannot be taken for granted
- Half of all babies now born in rented accommodation
- Royal London appointed as new insurance partner by Cover Direct
- Funeral industry needs to make its pricing clear and transparent
- RLAM strengthens wholesale team with appointment of Phil Davey
- 'Groundbreaking' new research reveals 'Lifetime Allowance timebomb' set to hit more than a million workers
- IGC report shows Royal London provides value for money to workplace customers
- Royal London announces record EEV operating profit for 2018
- 'Women still a long way away from jobs equality' - Helen Morrissey, Royal London
- Collective DC consultation response - 'Narrow scope means wider adoption could be many years away'
- No big spending fireworks in the Spring Statement, but the fiscal outlook is Brexit dependent
- No excuse for Autumn raid on pension tax relief now Chancellor has revealed his ‘war chest’
- FCA decision to hike FOS compensation limit 'shocking' and 'counter-productive'
- Women urged to 'get ahead of the curve' on pension saving, as new figures show women's earnings peak in thirties
- "Tougher action on large dividends to be welcomed" - Steve Webb, Royal London
- Millions of Brits fear cost of living surge post-Brexit
- From panic to complacency?
- More than six million adults refuse to discuss their will with loved ones
- Help to Save - "Great, if you've heard of it" Royal London comments
- ‘New HMRC figures show half a million families a year missing out on child benefit since 2012 – women losing hundreds of millions in state pension rights’
- Metro Bank to be investigated by regulators following accounting oversight
- Fund selector JB Beckett joins Royal London’s investment advisory committee
- Pensions inequality generates huge gap between high income and low income pensioners
- Younger consumers addressing protection needs too late in life
- Tax-free childcare flops in first year at just £32mn in top-up payments
- April 2019 contribution rises ‘will not lead to large-scale pension opt-outs’
- Dairy Crest deal highlights attractions of UK companies
- Employment gap continues to narrow between men and women
- Government childcare scheme ‘misses half of the families it was meant to help’
- “New FOI reply reveals over 100,000 savers could face shock six figure tax bills following tiny uplifts to their pension – urgent need for clarity from HMRC”
- Royal London calls for more awareness of frozen pensions trap
- Tenant fees bill gains Royal Assent but “does not address the structural issues within the private rented sector”
- Ryanair's eye-watering share option grant is just ludicrous
- New crackdown on employers ‘more likely to generate headlines than protect pensions’
- Ryanair’s governance changes don’t go far enough
- Royal London urges people to claim Power of Attorney refunds as figures show millions left unclaimed
- Savings rates beginning to outdo property price growth
- DWP plans for small scheme consolidation ‘risk being feeble tick box exercise’
- DWP plans for small scheme consolidation ‘risk being feeble tick box exercise’
- Savings rates beginning to outdo property price growth
- New HMRC figures show cash ‘under the mattress’ nearly doubles since 2001
- New bidder for RPC vindicates investor caution
- ‘HMRC ‘over-taxing spree’ passes £400m mark’ – Helen Morrissey
- Steve Webb, Royal London, challenges DWP to ‘seize the moment’ over DB benefit simplification
- Royal London launches multi asset fund seeking to generate growth while managing downside risk
- New FCA rules on retirement choices show that ‘reckless caution not lamborghinis’ is big issue with pension freedoms
- Royal London’s Governed Portfolios prove that diversification delivers with strong ten year performance
- Paying Lifetime and Annual Allowance tax charges isn't always a bad thing
- Royal London intermediary appoints new distribution director
- Royal London reunites lost policyholders with £14 million
- Appetite for pension flexibility remains undimmed with £1.9bn taken in last quarter
- RLAM welcomes Investment Association's consultation
- Royal London Asset Management expresses disappointment at RPC takeover news
- Home maintenance time bomb ticking for over 50s
- Growing number of women working full time is good news for financial resilience
- Steel workers 'let down by those who should have protected them' - Steve Webb, Royal London
- Help to Save scheme off to a "slow start" helping less than one in 40 low income earners so far
- Scotland updates flawed benefit inherited from DWP
- Paying lifetime and annual allowance tax charges isn't always a bad thing
- The 'do's and dont's of debt talk'
- Sandwich carers face pensions ‘double whammy’
- The Best Things in Life Aren't Free: Royal London Calculates Key Life Goals Will Take 25 Years to Pay For
- Royal London comments on one-year anniversary of Open Banking
- Government cuts force more bereaved families into funeral poverty
- 3 in a row! Royal London awarded gold for customer service
- Royal London opens Ireland subsidiary
- As 'divorce month’ strikes, new research shows divorced women are ‘pensions poor relations’ – Steve Webb, Royal London
Encouraging to see pension contribution bounceback after coronavirus dip
Our pension specialist Helen Morrissey responds to data showing a 12% rise in employee pension contributions to private sector defined contribution schemes between Q2 and Q3.
UK CPI falls unexpectedly
RLAM's senior economist, Melanie Baker, comments on UK CPI data.
UK PMI: jumping ahead of the end of lockdown
Melanie Baker, senior economist at Royal London Asset Management comments on the current UK PMI data.
Investment fraud victims pay the highest price
Sarah Pennells, head of financial capability, comments on the Which? warning over scams.
RLAM appoints Hans Georgeson as CEO
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) today announces the appointment of Hans Georgeson as Chief Executive Officer*. Hans will take over the role from Andrew Carter, who will retire at the end of June 2021 after more than 20 years at RLAM.
Royal London supports customers through Covid-19 with £13.1m paid in claims
Craig Paterson, Chief Underwriter at Royal London comments on the announcement that insurers paid out £202 million to families of people who died in 2020 due to coronavirus.
Royal London acquires 30% stake in Responsible Life and Responsible Lending
Royal London, the UK’s largest life, pensions and investment mutual, has acquired a 30% stake in later life lending and product specialists Responsible Life and Responsible Lending (Responsible Group). The deal is subject to regulatory approval.
Giving up smoking could save you £16,000 in insurance premiums
People who quit smoking could save up to £16,000 on their insurance premiums, Royal London has found.
Lions agree strategic partnership with Royal London
Royal London has today announced a new partnership with The British & Irish Lions, becoming the ‘Principal Partner’ of the Women’s Lions Programme.
Top 5 tips for writing a will
Free Wills Month is this month and Royal London has put together a list of top 5 tips for writing a will.
Strong flows into sustainable funds drives growth in assets under management
Royal London Financial Results 2020
Revealed: The property features that made lockdown harder and how this has changed buyers’ requirements for their next home
A new report by Royal London has revealed the most desirable property features home buyers are looking for, as well as the property features that made lockdown harder.
Contactless payment limit increase welcomed but concerns over card theft and overspending
Sarah Pennells, head of financial capability at Royal London, comments on the increase in contactless payments limit to £100.
Royal London responds to Chancellor’s Budget
Royal London responds to today’s (3 March) announcements affecting pensions and personal finance in the Chancellor’s Budget.
UK gilt markets following budget announcement
Ben Nicholl, fixed income fund manager at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), comments on the outlook for the UK gilt market following the Chancellor's budget.
Extension of Covid relief for economy very welcome
Melanie Baker, senior economist at Royal London Asset Management, comments on the Chancellor's budget.
Welcome 'spend now worry later' stance in budget
Trevor Greetham, head of multi asset at Royal London Asset Management, comments on the Chancellor's budget.
Royal London enhances adviser and employer support through acquisition of Wealth Wizards from Liverpool Victoria
Royal London, the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company, today announces the purchase, subject to regulatory approval, of Wealth Wizards, a market leading fintech business.
RLAM lists framework of opportunities for 2021 AGM season
Following the Investment Association’s outline of its expectations of companies this AGM season, Ashley Hamilton Claxton, head of responsible investment at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) comments.
Royal London paid £13.1 million for Covid-19 claims
Royal London paid £13.1 million for Covid-19 claims in 2020 helping the families of more than 2,100 customers.
Royal London supports customers through Covid-19
Responding to the Association of British Insurers’ (ABI) figures which shows insurers are expected to pay up to £2.5 billion for Covid-19 related claims Craig Paterson, Chief Underwriter at Royal London, comments.
RLAM welcomes vote on Glencore's climate action plan as it transitions to a low carbon future
Carlota Garcia-Manas, senior responsible investment analyst at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), comments on Glencore's announcement today that the company will put their climate plan to a shareholder vote at its upcoming AGM.