Royal London’s Consumer business has launched a new pre-paid funeral plan, which has been awarded a five star rating from the consumer group, Fairer Finance.
With funeral costs rising above inflation and the average funeral in the UK now costing £3,784, Royal London has a pre-paid plan which allows customers to protect against the risk of rising funeral costs in the future. Ecclesiastical Planning Services have been chosen as a partner to provide the funeral services selected by the customer.
The Traditional Funeral Plan guarantees to cover the costs of funeral directors’ fees, a coffin, the funeral service, a limousine and cremation or burial costs. Royal London’s plan is an insured product which offers customers protection under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), unlike the majority of funeral plans. Premiums start from £29 a month and the plan has unique safety features, such as a payment holiday, to help customers if they fall into financial difficulty.
Customers will have the flexibility to tailor the plan to suit their needs, with the option to upgrade or add elements to the services that are already included. The plan also allows customers to leave a contribution for loved ones to use towards additional costs such as flowers, a wake or a headstone.
Royal London’s funeral cost expert, Louise Eaton Terry, said:
"At a time of mourning, the last thing anyone needs is money worries. Our new funeral plan can help our customers be prepared for the inevitable, without having to leave their loved ones struggling with the cost."
In addition to the Traditional Funeral Plan, Royal London also offers an Alternative Cremation Plan, providing customers with a lower cost option, from £16 per month, for a direct cremation.
- ENDS -
For further information please contact:
Mona Patel, Group Head of External Communications
- Email: Mona.email@example.com
- Tel: 0203 272 5133
- Mob: 07919 171964
Neil Millard, Manager Director, Rhizome Media Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 07803 560 331
Note to editors
- Royal London’s Funeral Plan is available for customers to buy from 29th March 2018. After purchasing a funeral plan, the customer will hold a contract of insurance with Royal London which, upon death, will fund the cost of a set of selected funeral services provided by an independent funeral director
- Burial costs offered in the Traditional Funeral Plan exclude the costs of a burial plot.
- The Alternative Cremation Plan does not include a funeral service and the cremation cannot be attended by loved ones as it may be carried out at outside core hours at unspecified crematoria, not necessarily in the region where the deceased lived.
- Royal London has partnered with Ecclesiastical Planning Services to provide the funeral services through their nationwide network of funeral directors.
- The plan includes a payment holiday safety feature of up to 3 months, allowing customers to temporarily stop monthly payments into their plan.
About Royal London:
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with funds under management of £117 billion, 8.8 million policies in force and 3,745 employees. Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2018.