Over 50s Life Cover
Your family could spend thousands on your funeral
In our TV ad, Roy rescues our family from the threatening forest of funeral costs. And funerals can be expensive.
In 2016, the average cost of a funeral in the UK was £3,675.*
And that’s just how much an ‘average’ funeral costs. It doesn’t include any extras, such as flowers, wreaths, catering and venue hire – the things any family would love to have for a decent send-off. Add these and your family would be facing a pretty hefty bill.
But with your help, they needn’t struggle to pay for your funeral.
It’s worth thinking ahead
It’s hard enough for a family to lose one of their own. Nobody wants to burden them further with the costs of their own funeral. But with our Over 50s Life Cover, you can help lift a financial weight off their shoulders. From just £3.95 a month!
Important things to know
- An over 50s policy only pays out on your death – it can't be cashed in at any time.
- If you stop making your payments before you're halfway through your payment term your cover will end and you'll get nothing back. If you stop after the halfway point, your family will get some money when you die.
- In the first 12 months we will not pay out the full amount of money, unless you die from an accident (covered by the policy). After that period we will pay the full amount of money regardless of the cause of death.
- You could pay more in than the money paid out when you die.
- Over time, inflation will reduce the buying power of the amount of money you are covered for.
*The Royal London National Funeral Cost Index 2016.