Making plans to protect your family when you’re gone is important. Planning can lessen the financial impact of loss for loved ones. For most couples, this should start with a conversation. It’s never an easy topic to bring up. But, for those thinking ahead, this preparation can be prompted by significant life events:
- getting married,
- planning your child’s future,
- buying your first home or moving house,
- the death of a family member, or
- simply reaching a certain age.
At times like these it’s natural to consider your finances for the future. If something happened to one of you, who would pay the mortgage? And how to cover university or college fees for your children?
These events present an ideal opportunity to talk, as long as it leads to action. The evidence from our research* suggests that the more preparation made by couples (i.e. making specific plans like writing wills or buying life insurance), the softer the blow if the worst were to happen.
* Royal London 2016: Losing a partner – the financial and practical consequences, Parts 1 & 2
With Life Insurance, you can leave your family money when you die. You choose how much you want to leave, and how long you need the cover. You make payments and in return, your family feels secure – because if you die while covered, you can leave them some money.
6 good reasons choose us
- Be covered in minutes – with our easy online application.
- Money that can make a real difference – up to a £500,000 single payment or up to £2,500 a month.
- Payments start from £5 a month - that's only 17p a day!
- Extra peace of mind – we include Terminal Illness Cover, at no extra cost.
- Three types of cover to suit your lifestyle and budget – Level Cover, Decreasing Cover and Family Income Benefit.
- 2 million trust us – join policyholders across the UK who rely on us to protect their families - based on life and protection policies as at December 2016.
Serious Illness Benefit
For extra protection, apply for our Serious Illness Benefit for an additional cost. It provides financial cover for you and your children if diagnosed with one of the six common serious illnesses that are covered by the policy and meet our definition, and survive for 30 days.
If you add Serious Illness Benefit for yourself, you also get Children’s Benefit cover at no extra cost. That means your children get cover for the same conditions defined by the Serious Illness Benefit. And it pays out 25% of your Serious Illness Benefit, up to £25,000. It gives you that extra bit of leeway to take time off work and care for them.
For more information, click here.
Important things to know
- Our Life Insurance has no cash-in value – it’s a protection policy only.
- If you stop making payments, your cover ends and you won’t get anything back.
- If you’re a UK resident aged between 18 and 70, excluding members of the Armed Forces or reservist, you can apply.
- If you add Serious Illness Benefit and a claim is paid, this cover ends, but Life Insurance continues.
- After a Children’s Benefit claim on a child is paid, this cover ends for that child but continues for other children covered – Life Insurance and Serious Illness Benefit continue. Children aged 30 days to 18 years old (21 if in full-time education) are eligible for cover.