Fairer & more flexible
Built-in safety features for tough times
No hidden charges
The price we quote is the price you pay
If you're 50 to 80 and a UK resident
Could your family afford your funeral?
Funerals can be expensive. But plan ahead with our Over 50s Life Cover and you can help lift a financial burden from your family, at a time when they’ll need it most.
7 good reasons to choose us
- Start from only £3.95 a month - that’s just 13p a day!
- Flexibility to reduce your payments – rather than stop paying so you don’t lose all your cover.
- Guaranteed acceptance – there's no prying into your health with us. If you're a 50 to 80 year old UK resident, we'll accept you.
- Immediate cover for accidental death – from day one of your policy you're covered for accidental death, for the full amount of money.
- Full cover after just one year - we will pay out the full amount of money if you die after just one year.
- Fairer Cover – if you have to stop paying, your family could still get some money.
- 5 Star Rating - from Defaqto for features and benefits.
Getting a quote takes just a few minutes
Under 50? Don't worry, you may still be able to get our Life Insurance
Answers to your questions
How does my family make a claim?
Making a claim is simple and straightforward. We have a dedicated UK-based claims line. Our trained staff will deal with your family with kindness and sympathy, and will do everything to make sure their claim goes as smoothly as possible.
You can find out more about making a claim here.
Can I reduce my payments?
If you're feeling the pinch, rather than stop paying and risk losing all your cover, you can reduce it to bring your payments down. You just have to keep paying at least £3.95 a month. Not all providers will let you do this.
Can I have a joint policy?
No, but you can have one each.
Can I cash in my policy?
No, you can't cash in your policy at any time. An Over 50s policy only pays out on your death.
Can I cancel my policy?
You can cancel your policy at any time. If you cancel within 30 days of starting your cover, we'll refund any payments you've made. If you cancel after that, you won’t get anything back. If you feel you can’t afford your cover, talk to us. We may be able to reduce it to bring down your payments. If you stop making your payments before you're halfway through your payment term your cover will end and you'll get nothing back. If you're at least halfway through paying for your policy and need to stop paying your family will still get a payout.
Does the payout amount go up with inflation?
No. It's worth thinking about inflation, as prices increase over time and the payout you choose today may not be enough for your family in the future. If you would like a bigger payout, you can apply to take out an extra policy for as little as £1 a month.
How long do I pay for?
You pay to the policy anniversary date after you turn 90, or until you pass away, whichever comes first. It’s worth remembering that depending on how long you live for, you could pay more in than the money paid out when you die.