- More than two fifths (44%) of homeowners do not have a will in place;
- Of those who don’t have a will because they have ‘nothing valuable to pass on’, one in six own a property;
- Deciding who to appoint as executor and trustee is the most difficult part of writing a will.
Notes to editors
- Royal London commissioned a survey by Opinium between 18-22 October 2019 with a sample of 2,006 nationally representative UK adults.
- Free Wills Month in March gives those over 55 the chance to write or update their will free of charge with selected participating charities. Find out more here: https://freewillsmonth.org.uk/
For further information please contact:
Meera Khanna, Corporate PR Manager - Protection
- Email: Meera.Khanna@royallondon.com
- Tel: 02032 725129
- Mob: 079191 70502
About Royal London:
Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK, with assets under management of £139 billion, 8.6 million policies in force and 4,348 employees. Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2020.