Louise Eaton-Terry, funeral cost expert at Royal London comments on the 2020 Fair Funerals pledge for funeral directors to commit to transparent funeral costs.
Notes to editors
- More information on the 2020 Fair Funerals pledge can be found here: https://fairfuneralscampaign.org.uk/content/about-us
- The Royal London National Funeral Cost Index 2019 found:
- A basic funeral costs £3,785 on average;
- Funeral debt in the UK is at £147 million;
- Individual debt is at an all-time high with people taking on an average debt of £1,990 to pay for a funeral, which is a 14% increase from the previous year (£1,744 in 2018)
For further information please contact:
Meera Khanna, Consumer PR Manager
- Email: Meera.Khanna@royallondon.com
- Tel: 02032 725129
- Mob: 079191 70502
About Royal London:
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with funds under management of £130 billion, 8.8 million policies in force and 4,046 employees. Figures quoted are as at June 2019.