- Could your elderly parents be falling victim to scammers?
- Thousands of military wives missing out on nearly half a billion in state pension rights as government schemes fail
- New data shows deepening pensions divide between public and private sector
- Royal London calls for industry standard on reporting performance data
- 5.8 million renters to have no plan B if they were too ill to work
- Royal London awarded nine gold star ratings in Finance & Technology Research Centre 2017 Protection Product rankings
- How protection can save Christmas
- FOI replies reveal vulnerable pensioners at risk of poor outcome under care home funding lottery
- Top saving tips from millennials
- Get prepared for self-assessment tax return now to beat HMRC fines, urges Royal London
- Student debt could mean current graduate pension savings are a fifth lower
- Solving the millennial pension saving problem: it's not all about pensions
- HMRC forced to refund homebuyers more than £160m in over-paid stamp duty in last year
- Minister urged to allow low-paid to share in benefits of salary exchange for pensions
- Homeowners should think twice before incurring charges in rush to secure cheap fixed rate mortgages as providers hold or even cut rates
- Royal London introduces signature free consent form for claims
- Ascentric launches enhanced client reporting with Sprint to help raise the bar on adviser service
- Why pension tax relief is in the Chancellor's sights, five things he might cut - and one he won't
- More than one-third of parents won't or can't help children get on the property ladder
- Budget stamp duty reforms don't go far enough
- Despite Brexit elephant in the room and pessimistic forecasts, 2017 Autumn Budget not all bad news
- Pension infrastructure plans 'likely to be a damp squib'
- Poorest pensioners to get smallest increase in April
- Royal London awarded gold star for customer service
- Budget 'stealth tax' to hit millions of savers
- GPs report symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression are on the increase in the UK
- Sir Andrew Dilnot calls for action on social care funding to mend 'broken' care market at first Royal London annual lecture
- RLAM expands equity offering with launch of two new global equity funds
- Revealed - The 775,000 people who pay a higher tax rate than a millionaire
- Millions leave their loved ones to navigate money maze after they die
- 65,000 pensioners face losing their mortgage help unless they take out second mortgage with government
- RLAM announces the largest ever launch of a UK property fund
- RLAM signs up to LGPS transparency code
- Auto-enrolment five years on: Royal London's five point action plan
- FOI reply reveals over £1.3 billion in unclaimed tax breaks for married couples
- Working families face 'unnecessary' child benefit loss of £171 million per year
- Risk targeted governed retirement income portfolios prove their resilience at five-year anniversary
- BoE comment - Brexit uncertainty and low wage growth will keep rates on hold
- The hidden costs of opening the Bank of Mum and Dad - new research from Royal London
- Westminister should follow Scotland's lead on funeral poverty plan
- CPI close to topping out
- New Royal London research shows that millennials are willing to save more
- Any new corporate governance measures must add value
- Pension scheme members need more help to avoid 'one-size-fits-all' outcomes
- Royal London appoints Olivia Dickson as a non-executive Director
- Funeral debt soars to an all-time high as funeral costs increase
- Royal London reports strong profit and new business growth in the first half of 2017
- A blueprint for getting the self-employed into pensions
- Ascentric adds Clear Capital Management LLP to DFM options for advisers
- Royal London updates HIV underwriting philosophy
- Tough action needed to protect consumers from misleading sales practices
- FCA consultation could reverse progress on shareholder protection
- Millions feel the squeeze financially while coping with a critical illness
- Growing risk that your pension will go to the wrong person when you die
- RLAM launches Multi Asset Credit Fund for institutional investors
- Government right to implement Cridland findings
- Royal London introduces e-signatures for Access to Medical Reports Act consent forms
- Rising services activity offsets manufacturing weakness
- Royal London launches a new pension Review Service
- New research find those who receive financial advice are on average £40,000 better off than their unadvised peers
- Call for changes to inheritance tax rules as executors face paying IHT bills from their own pocket
- The rise of DC: The 'Decision Citizen'
- Investors press WPP to plan for a post-Sorrell future
- An Aramco IPO must play by the rules
- Pros and cons for markets of a weak and unstable UK government
- No time for uncertainty
- Households must put plan in place to deal with cost of living squeeze
- Three million workers missing out on £2 billion of 'buy-one, get-one free cash' from their employers
- Queen's speech leaves social care policy "in limbo"
- DUP-Conservative deal on pension - 'could open door to cuts in tax relief'
- Royal London launches new mortgage protection innovation with L&C
- Surge in pension transfers 'worth more than the value of your home'
- Half of the UK would rather miss the funeral of a loved one than tune in via a live-stream
- Investors risk losing billions as 'dash for cash ISAs' continues
- Royal London improves Income Protection cover
- The next instalment of Roy's journey revealed
- Labour manifesto pension proposal could cost £300bn
- Care bills could eat up half the value of family homes under 'regional lottery' conservative proposals
- Call for reform as families face shock five-figure tax bills after death of a loved one
- Care costs repayment scheme built on 'shaky foundations'
- China and Trump could deliver another volatile summer for markets
- Could living together in later life seriously damage your wealth?
- 'Meaningful' care cost cap needed to prevent big regional winners and losers from proposed reform
- Political risk tops client concerns in 2017
- Nearly a third of a billion paid in claims by Royal London
- FOI reply shows Government treating bereaved families as 'a nice little earner'
- Advisers predict a stable outlook for the Protection market
- What does the snap General Election mean for our pensions?
- 800,000 people at risk of being over-taxed on their pensions
- Royal London enhances Personal and Business Menu plans
- Persimmon starts to address investor concerns on pay
- 'Middle way on the triple lock' proposed as part of 3-point Royal London 'pensions manifesto'
- Royal London Independant Governance Committee Annual Report for 2016: Understanding value for money
- Royal London analysis shows potentially unsustainable Income Withdrawal rates
- Harassed baby-boomers set to cascade a 'wall of wealth' from their parents to their children
- Royal London launches pioneering life cover for people with diabetes
- Social care green paper will prolong the 'decades of dithering' on social care
- Hammond prepares Brexit honey pot despite punchy forecasts
- Radical dividend tax cut means savers need to think again
- Self-employed will pay for State Pension
- Startling figures challenge notion of richer and richer pensioners
- Half the value of your home at risk from average care home stay
- Quarter of a million Royal London members see pension charges effectively slashed by more than a third in 2016
- Royal London reports strong new business and profits growth
- Clear gender divide in experiences of bereavement
- DB Green paper puts living standards at risk for millions
- Royal London supports more professionalism on pension scams
- Savers lose over £100 billion in a decade by investing in Cash ISAs
- Royal London reaches £1bn milestone of assets under management for the Governed Retirement Income Portfolios
- Royal London wins 'Exceptional' accreditation from Investor in Customers
- "Flexible" retirement could mean working into your late seventies or beyond
- Ascentric adopts simplest charging structure in the platform market
- Ascentric bolsters adviser support with appointment of Andy Zanelli
- RLAM expands equity capabilities with creation of global equity team
- Ascentric offers advisers access to Puma AIM portfolios
- Grandparents who help their daughters get back to work after childbirth are missing out on thousands of pounds
- Recovering from Christmas debts - Could 'spending awareness' be the key?
- Ascentric surpasses £12 billion assets under administration
- Royal London research reveals the state of the protection nation
Encouraging to see pension contribution bounceback after coronavirus dip
Our pension specialist Helen Morrissey responds to data showing a 12% rise in employee pension contributions to private sector defined contribution schemes between Q2 and Q3.
UK CPI falls unexpectedly
RLAM's senior economist, Melanie Baker, comments on UK CPI data.
UK PMI: jumping ahead of the end of lockdown
Melanie Baker, senior economist at Royal London Asset Management comments on the current UK PMI data.
Investment fraud victims pay the highest price
Sarah Pennells, head of financial capability, comments on the Which? warning over scams.
RLAM appoints Hans Georgeson as CEO
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) today announces the appointment of Hans Georgeson as Chief Executive Officer*. Hans will take over the role from Andrew Carter, who will retire at the end of June 2021 after more than 20 years at RLAM.
Royal London supports customers through Covid-19 with £13.1m paid in claims
Craig Paterson, Chief Underwriter at Royal London comments on the announcement that insurers paid out £202 million to families of people who died in 2020 due to coronavirus.
Royal London acquires 30% stake in Responsible Life and Responsible Lending
Royal London, the UK’s largest life, pensions and investment mutual, has acquired a 30% stake in later life lending and product specialists Responsible Life and Responsible Lending (Responsible Group). The deal is subject to regulatory approval.
Giving up smoking could save you £16,000 in insurance premiums
People who quit smoking could save up to £16,000 on their insurance premiums, Royal London has found.
Lions agree strategic partnership with Royal London
Royal London has today announced a new partnership with The British & Irish Lions, becoming the ‘Principal Partner’ of the Women’s Lions Programme.
Top 5 tips for writing a will
Free Wills Month is this month and Royal London has put together a list of top 5 tips for writing a will.
Strong flows into sustainable funds drives growth in assets under management
Royal London Financial Results 2020
Revealed: The property features that made lockdown harder and how this has changed buyers’ requirements for their next home
A new report by Royal London has revealed the most desirable property features home buyers are looking for, as well as the property features that made lockdown harder.
Contactless payment limit increase welcomed but concerns over card theft and overspending
Sarah Pennells, head of financial capability at Royal London, comments on the increase in contactless payments limit to £100.
Royal London responds to Chancellor’s Budget
Royal London responds to today’s (3 March) announcements affecting pensions and personal finance in the Chancellor’s Budget.
UK gilt markets following budget announcement
Ben Nicholl, fixed income fund manager at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), comments on the outlook for the UK gilt market following the Chancellor's budget.
Extension of Covid relief for economy very welcome
Melanie Baker, senior economist at Royal London Asset Management, comments on the Chancellor's budget.
Welcome 'spend now worry later' stance in budget
Trevor Greetham, head of multi asset at Royal London Asset Management, comments on the Chancellor's budget.
Royal London enhances adviser and employer support through acquisition of Wealth Wizards from Liverpool Victoria
Royal London, the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company, today announces the purchase, subject to regulatory approval, of Wealth Wizards, a market leading fintech business.
RLAM lists framework of opportunities for 2021 AGM season
Following the Investment Association’s outline of its expectations of companies this AGM season, Ashley Hamilton Claxton, head of responsible investment at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) comments.
Royal London paid £13.1 million for Covid-19 claims
Royal London paid £13.1 million for Covid-19 claims in 2020 helping the families of more than 2,100 customers.
Royal London supports customers through Covid-19
Responding to the Association of British Insurers’ (ABI) figures which shows insurers are expected to pay up to £2.5 billion for Covid-19 related claims Craig Paterson, Chief Underwriter at Royal London, comments.
RLAM welcomes vote on Glencore's climate action plan as it transitions to a low carbon future
Carlota Garcia-Manas, senior responsible investment analyst at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), comments on Glencore's announcement today that the company will put their climate plan to a shareholder vote at its upcoming AGM.