- Royal London's new year money goals
- Quarter of a million nurses could face retirement poverty
- Trump Slump: Bargain Hunting after The Christmas Crash
- Increased ombudsman award limits will have huge "unintended consequences" for advisers and clients
- Royal London has welcomed Candia Kingston as an independent member of its Investment Advisory Committee (IAC)
- Fed hike - not quite as dovish as expected
- Offering flexible working options key to keeping older workers in workplace
- DWP evaluation of automatic enrolment offers 'rare good news' on pensions
- Half of workers worried about income if they were to fall ill
- Save yourself the post-Christmas tax return blues", says Royal London to self-employed who are yet to file
- Upward trend in women in full time employment
- Royal London CEO Phil Loney to stand down
- Royal London enhances critical illness cover
- Pension "superfunds" could give savers more secure retirement incomes
- Perplexed by wills: more than 5 adults do not know where to begin
- Trevor Brexit commentary
- Royal London urges taxpayers being chased by HMRC
- Sustainable income levels are vital to safeguarding portfolio strength during periods of investment volatility
- Slow rollout of pensions dashboard a ‘real concern’
- Low paid tax relief lottery set to get worse for hundreds of thousands of workers in 2019 as pension enrolment threshold frozen again
- High funeral costs finally put under the spotlight
- Positive outcome for Restaurant Group deal
- Royal London comments on CMA warning over Experian and Clearscore proposed merger
- New research shows consumers not putting themselves on the breadline by spending pension cash on luxuries
- Royal London calls on government to take action on power of attorney refund scheme as FOI shows millions left unclaimed
- New research shows consumers baffled about how to respond to Brexit uncertainty
- Restaurant group deal should earn high return
- New Secretary of State needs to make time for pensions policy
- Treasury and Pensions Minister remain key shapers of pension policy after McVey resignation
- Government must take steps to boost pension credit take up as statistics show £3.5bn goes unclaimed
- Half of income drawdown customers have an income likely to last them for life
- Brewing domestic inflationary pressure are likely to keep the BoE on track for rate rises... Brexit permitting
- RLAM’s Head of Multi Asset, Trevor Greetham, says stock markets reacted well to the US mid-term elections, but believes there’s more to come
- Persimmon: RLAM's Ashley Hamilton Claxton comments
- Government publishes consultation on 'Collective DC' pension schemes
- Major concession from HMRC over high income child benefit tax charge"
- A money problem shared is a money problem halved - Becky O'Connor, Royal London
- RLAM's Trevor Greetham: Sterling volatility spikes on Brexit uncertainty
- Labour Market stats show number of over 65s still in work continues to grow - Royal London
- We need to make AE work for self-employed - Royal London
- One of the most depressed sentiment readings in thirty years: time to buy?
- New figures show HMRC ‘over-taxing spree’ moves up a gear
- Updated Code on Genetic Testing & Insurance welcomed
- FCA/TPR joint strategy 'a good sign' for retirement savers - Steve Webb
- UK inflation data - weaker than expected data adds BoE breathing space
- Webb calls for clarity from DWP on triple lock calculation - confusion over numbers led to £100m being wiped from pensions overnight
- RLAM’s head of multi asset, Trevor Greetham explains why the October volatility he expected presents a buying opportunity
- Number of women aged 60 – 64 still working has more than doubled compared to 1998
- RLAM's response to Unilever's turnaround
- FCA right to shy away from contingent charging ban but we need change on triage
- RLAM against forced divestment of Unilever under single listing
- Allowing heterosexual couples to enter civil partnerships an "important step forward" in safeguarding cohabiting couples' financial future
- GRIPs celebrate strong six year track record
- Company pension scheme members set to receive billions in back payments
- Chancellor must do more to help the housing market
- Respite on pension tax relief likely to be temporary
- Help for pension savers to access patient capital
- Buried in debt: Mourners borrow £1,700 to pay for loved ones' funerals
- Adviser survey reveals huge variations in how firms "triage" pension transfer inquiries
- Royal London welcomes DWP call for parents not to miss out on NI credits
- ECJ ruling shows PPF must address compensation levels
- People must plan for longer retirement as stats show number of over 90s continues to grow
- Government must bring self-employed into auto-enrolment without delay
- 10m hits on state pension website shows why state pension data must be on dashboard
- Employers must harness the potential of older workforce as ONS stats show number of over 65s still in work has doubled - Royal London
- Re-enrolment is key to keeping pension participation rates high
- "Dangers if 'Dash for passive investing' goes too far"
- Stronger than expected inflation not what Bank of England predicted
- Select Committee launches inquiry into pension costs and transparency
- People must stress test their finances in light of BoE interest rate hike
- Landmark ruling offers hope to pension scam victims
- UK Labour Market Statistics: Older workers represent huge talent pool for employers
- Royal London maintains strong trading results
- No deal Brexit could bring employment rights lottery for workers
- Court verdict brings hope that ‘decades of injustice’ may be coming to an end
- Government must not let cold calling ban timetable slip any further – Royal London
- UK labour market consistent with August UK rate rise
- DWP must not abandon pension dashboard – Royal London
- New corporate governance code needs investor engagement to deliver results
- FCA study shows no "one size fits all" assessment for platform market – Ascentric
- RLAM to launch a monthly income bond fund
- Graduates who make the wrong decision about their student debt "could miss out on £75,000 from their pension pot" - Royal London
- Treasury chooses a 'good day to bury bad news', as delay on cold-calling ban finally confirmed in parliament
- High profile corporate failures show no sign of sinking pensions lifeboat
- High Court gives green light to Royal London for next stage of plan to protect guaranteed annuity rate customers
- 'Generation still taxed' - new figures show pensioners pay over £24 billion in tax - average pensioner bill is £3,500 pa
- Treasury Committee Report: Auto-enrolment must do more to address undersaving
- Money worries a cause of nightmares
- Sustainable funds now available for all Royal London pension customers
- Royal London urges Office of Tax Simplification to review IHT treatment for cohabiting couples
- DWP figures show ongoing success of auto-enrolment but micro-employers need more support
- New longevity data could mean state pension increase to 68 is pushed back
- Don't Chase Risky Income In Retirement New Warning From Royal London
- Royal London calls for more education on power of attorney as new FOI reveals soaring investigations
- People living with diabetes no longer face a life insurance lottery
- Royal London paid out over £0.5bn in UK protection claims in 2017
- Italian political crisis makes for a soggy summer
- State of the Protection Nation
- Make DB pension transfer advice more accessible - Royal London
- Five good reasons to transfer, and five good reasons not to
- Will we ever summit the Pension Mountain New analysis from Royal London
- Top five ways to help your loved ones after you have gone
- What would the Resolution Foundation proposals mean for pensions and pensioners
- Time to end 'absurdity' of tax over-pay and reclaim system on pensions
- Attachment to cash costs investors dear as stocks and shares ISAs continue to outperform
- HMRC urged to take down pension tax website which gives taxpayers the wrong answer – Steve Webb, Royal London
- Official figures show shocking disparity in pension incomes – Royal London
- Royal London launches five star funeral plan
- Independent Governance Committee's 3rd annual report highlights value for money to Royal London workplace customers
- New DWP figures confirm 80,000 have had mortgage help cut off
- Royal London acts to help protect policy holders from 'throwing away' annuity guarantees
- Royal London fulfils on Funeral Payment pledge promise
- Royal London reports strong new business and profit growth as CEO calls for five year moratorium on changes to pensions tax relief
- Almost half of private sector workers contribute 2% or less to their pension pot
- New analysis reveals shocking surge in gender gap in retirement incomes'
- Sustainable investing can pay off
- 1 in 3 poorest pensioners missing out on £150 million in vital cold weather help - government needs to take emergency action
- UK pensions liabilities rise by £1 trillion in five years - comment from Steve Webb, Royal London
- International Women's Day: We need a plan to improve women's financial resilience - Royal London
- April 2018 step-up in pension contributions - 'no need to fear large scale opt-outs' - Steve Webb, Royal London
- Giving up smoking could be good for your wealth
- Couples must beware of overstretching themselves with mortgage lending - Royal London
- New official figures show "catastrophically low" take up of SMI loan as thousands face loss of mortgage benefit help - Royal London
- Pensions white paper measures at risk of being ‘gesture’ legislation with little practical impact
- Surge in grandparents claiming help for looking after grandchildren
- Survey reveals employers open to pension contribution step ups alongside pay rises
- Over 750,000 people at risk of passing pensions to the wrong person when they die
- Royal London's consumer business launches game changing serious illness benefit
- Is it time for the care pensions? - Steve Webb, Royal London
- New HMRC figures show cause of women's pension equality 'set back a generation' - Royal London
- British Steel Pension Scheme scandal: Don't deny workers the chance to reshape their retirement plans - Steve Webb, Royal London
- New law on civil partnerships could have 'multi-billion pound' impact on pension schemes - Royal London and LCP
- Three million couples could be set for a 'multi-billion pound windfall' - Royal London
- Starting to buy the Donald dip
- Royal London invests in customers' futures by starting retirement conversations earlier
- ‘Public faith in property investment shows need for pensions world to highlight value of ‘invisible’ employer pension contributions’ - Steve Webb, Royal London
- Why we're starting retirement conversations earlier with our pension customers
- Are you ready for the road ahead
- MPs 'misled' over Budget stealth tax – Steve Webb, Royal London
- Over 100,000 households face having mortgage lifeline cut
- Royal London boosts children's critical illness cover with flexible options
- New statistics show HMRC is 'out of control' as "over-taxation" reaches almost half a billion pounds - Royal London
- Three in four British SMEs fail to insure their most valuable asset
- Royal London Partners with Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks to offer Over 50s Life Cover
- New FOI reply reveals 97% of eligible carers do not claim 'carer's credit' - Royal London
- Back to basics: Swerve the superfoods and save nearly £700
- This is 21st Century Britain
- How to avoid hidden dangers in retirement
- People are suffering in silence; not just on Blue Monday
Encouraging to see pension contribution bounceback after coronavirus dip
Our pension specialist Helen Morrissey responds to data showing a 12% rise in employee pension contributions to private sector defined contribution schemes between Q2 and Q3.
UK CPI falls unexpectedly
RLAM's senior economist, Melanie Baker, comments on UK CPI data.
UK PMI: jumping ahead of the end of lockdown
Melanie Baker, senior economist at Royal London Asset Management comments on the current UK PMI data.
Investment fraud victims pay the highest price
Sarah Pennells, head of financial capability, comments on the Which? warning over scams.
RLAM appoints Hans Georgeson as CEO
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) today announces the appointment of Hans Georgeson as Chief Executive Officer*. Hans will take over the role from Andrew Carter, who will retire at the end of June 2021 after more than 20 years at RLAM.
Royal London supports customers through Covid-19 with £13.1m paid in claims
Craig Paterson, Chief Underwriter at Royal London comments on the announcement that insurers paid out £202 million to families of people who died in 2020 due to coronavirus.
Royal London acquires 30% stake in Responsible Life and Responsible Lending
Royal London, the UK’s largest life, pensions and investment mutual, has acquired a 30% stake in later life lending and product specialists Responsible Life and Responsible Lending (Responsible Group). The deal is subject to regulatory approval.
Giving up smoking could save you £16,000 in insurance premiums
People who quit smoking could save up to £16,000 on their insurance premiums, Royal London has found.
Lions agree strategic partnership with Royal London
Royal London has today announced a new partnership with The British & Irish Lions, becoming the ‘Principal Partner’ of the Women’s Lions Programme.
Top 5 tips for writing a will
Free Wills Month is this month and Royal London has put together a list of top 5 tips for writing a will.
Strong flows into sustainable funds drives growth in assets under management
Royal London Financial Results 2020
Revealed: The property features that made lockdown harder and how this has changed buyers’ requirements for their next home
A new report by Royal London has revealed the most desirable property features home buyers are looking for, as well as the property features that made lockdown harder.
Contactless payment limit increase welcomed but concerns over card theft and overspending
Sarah Pennells, head of financial capability at Royal London, comments on the increase in contactless payments limit to £100.
Royal London responds to Chancellor’s Budget
Royal London responds to today’s (3 March) announcements affecting pensions and personal finance in the Chancellor’s Budget.
UK gilt markets following budget announcement
Ben Nicholl, fixed income fund manager at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), comments on the outlook for the UK gilt market following the Chancellor's budget.
Extension of Covid relief for economy very welcome
Melanie Baker, senior economist at Royal London Asset Management, comments on the Chancellor's budget.
Welcome 'spend now worry later' stance in budget
Trevor Greetham, head of multi asset at Royal London Asset Management, comments on the Chancellor's budget.
Royal London enhances adviser and employer support through acquisition of Wealth Wizards from Liverpool Victoria
Royal London, the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company, today announces the purchase, subject to regulatory approval, of Wealth Wizards, a market leading fintech business.
RLAM lists framework of opportunities for 2021 AGM season
Following the Investment Association’s outline of its expectations of companies this AGM season, Ashley Hamilton Claxton, head of responsible investment at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) comments.
Royal London paid £13.1 million for Covid-19 claims
Royal London paid £13.1 million for Covid-19 claims in 2020 helping the families of more than 2,100 customers.
Royal London supports customers through Covid-19
Responding to the Association of British Insurers’ (ABI) figures which shows insurers are expected to pay up to £2.5 billion for Covid-19 related claims Craig Paterson, Chief Underwriter at Royal London, comments.
RLAM welcomes vote on Glencore's climate action plan as it transitions to a low carbon future
Carlota Garcia-Manas, senior responsible investment analyst at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), comments on Glencore's announcement today that the company will put their climate plan to a shareholder vote at its upcoming AGM.