Why Royal London?
Our good old-fashioned values guide us when we design a product. We listen to our customers to provide a product that meets their needs.
We’re in it for the long term
You can rest assured we’ll be here for your family. Since 1861 the UK has gone through some tough financial times. Yet we’ve always been able to help and protect our customers and their families. As the UK’s largest mutual life and pensions company, you can be sure that we’ll be here when they need us most.
Giving back for a better product
As a mutual, we have no shareholders to pay. That means we can invest profits back into our products, to make them better for our customers. For instance, in tough times you can reduce your Over 50s Life Cover payments. Not all providers will let you do this. And if you stop paying your family could still get a payout – protection no other over 50s life insurance has. At the end of the day, customers are at the centre of everything we do.
Important things to know
- Depending on how long you live, you could pay more in monthly payments than the amount of money we pay out when you die.
- The amount of money you choose is fixed and inflation (the rising cost of goods and services) will reduce its value over time.
- We only pay out on death. There is no cash-in value at any time.
- If you die from an accident (covered in the policy) in the first 12 months, we will pay the full amount of money. If you die in the first 12 months and your death was not due to an accident, we'll return the payments that have been made to us for your policy.
- After 12 months we will pay the full amount of money regardless of the cause of death.
- If you stop making your payments before you're halfway through your payment term your cover will end and you'll get nothing back. If you stop after the halfway point, your family will get some money when you die.
- We will stop collecting payments on the policy anniversary date after you reach age 90 or when you die, whichever is sooner.