How is my personal information used
This section is a notice which we are required to give you under the data protection laws. We, The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited, will collect and use your personal information, including any sensitive personal information such as your medical information where necessary.
We may update this notice from time to time and we will alert you to any important updates. It’s not meant to be a legal contract between you and Royal London, and does not affect your rights under the data protection laws.
In this notice we have included the uses that we feel would be most important to you.
- Arranging, providing, administering your policy and managing any queries or claims.
- Assessing medical and lifestyle information - we only do this when it is necessary to set up your policy or consider your claim for ill health.
- Verifying your identity and carrying out fraud prevention checks. We will use a reputable reference agency who will access a range of data such as information from the electoral register. Although we will keep a record of this search, we will not share it outside the Royal London Group.
- To ensure we meet our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- If we lose touch we will use a trusted 3rd party to find you and reunite you with your policy.
We also use your information for other activities. Where we do this we require a ‘legitimate interest’. This is when each activity is assessed and your rights and freedoms are taken into account ensuring that nothing we do is too intrusive or beyond your reasonable expectation. We use legitimate interests for:
- Market research - We use personal information to help us understand that our products and services suit the needs of our customers and meet your expectations. We also do this to improve your customer experience;
- Analytics and Insight - We generally combine your information with other customers’ in order to check if our products are priced fairly and are suitable for our customers. We also do this to check that our communications are easy to understand.
- Marketing and Communications - To send you information about your products and other products you may be interested in.
- We use a trusted 3rd party to help us to provide you with communications relevant to you, and reduce the chances of you receiving information you wouldn’t want. There is more information on marketing and communications in our full Privacy Notice on our website.
We may monitor and record phone calls, such as when you apply or when dealing with queries and claims, for training and quality purposes. We do this so we have accurate records of what you tell us to do.
If you provide information to us about someone else, you must have their permission to do so, and have told them about how we will use their personal information.
We’ll keep your personal information for as long as is needed, for the purpose for which it was collected, and to comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities. This will involve keeping your information for a reasonable period of time after your plan or your relationship with us has ended.
If there aren’t any legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, any other personal information is kept for seven years from the date your plan ended.
Your information will be used by employees of Royal London, who need to see or work on your policy. In addition to our own staff we share your information with other companies so that we can administer your policy and provide our services to you. Such as:
- other companies within the Royal London Group;
- our service providers and agents e.g. who print your annual statement, our data storage providers, who send an email on our behalf following a quote;
- approved IT specialists e.g. those who support our IT systems;
- our third party advisers, such as auditors, underwriters, reinsurers, medical agencies and legal advisers;
- identity authentication and fraud prevention agencies; and/or
- legal and regulatory bodies.
We will protect your personal information with the right level of security. Depending on the policy you have with us, some of your personal data might be processed overseas outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We take the steps needed to make sure that your information is treated securely and has the right legal protection.
- You can find out more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting our Private Notice at www.royallondon.com/legal/privacy/
- Our full Privacy Notice contains more detail on:
(i) our legal grounds for using your personal information (including more information about our legitimate interests and our approach to sending marketing communications);
(ii) how your personal information is protected if we transfer it overseas;
(iii) how we protect your personal information);
(iv) how long we keep your personal information for; and
(v) your rights under the data protection laws and how to exercise them (including how to object to marketing we send to you and to processing done under legitimate interests);
You have a specific right to object to marketing we send to you. If you would like to do this or change how you’d like to receive marketing, please contact us on 0345 600 7788 or by email at GDPR@royallondon.com
If you are not able to access the full Privacy Notice at www.royallondon.com/legal/privacy/ or you would prefer a recorded version you can call 0800 085 8352. If you prefer to receive the full Privacy Notice in another format, please also use this telephone no, or contact us at the email or postal address below.
If you wish to use any of your rights under the data protection laws, please contact us. For example, you might want to access to a copy of your information, or to correct any inaccurate information. You should contact our Data Protection Officer by email at GDPR@royallondon.com or by post to Royal London, Royal London House, Alderley Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1PF.