The Traditional Funeral Plan
All the costs of a traditional funeral taken care of
If you prefer a traditional funeral, whether that’s a burial or a cremation, this plan will help you pay for the send-off you really want.
- Covers the costs of what is typically associated with a traditional funeral, including the coffin, hearse, funeral director’s fees and burial/cremation costs.
- Spread the cost of your funeral with affordable monthly payments. You pay until the plan anniversary after your 90th birthday or until you die whichever is sooner.
- Your chosen funeral will be carried out when you die as long as you’ve made all payments due.
- You can choose to include additional features, such as extra limousines, a superior veneer wood coffin, solid wood coffin, and a financial contribution towards extras such as flowers, church service or a wake.
- From £29 per month
Personalising your plan
By paying a little extra in to your plan each month, you can personalize your plan so that it will cover a range of enhanced features:
Upgrade your standard veneered coffin to a superior veneer or solid wood
Add up to two additional limousines for mourners
You can also choose to make an additional payment into your plan which will be used as a contribution towards the costs of additional extras such as a wake, a church service, flowers, or a memorial (such as a headstone or plaque)
Your choice of a burial or cremation
Your policy only pays out on death, and there is no cash in value. If you die of natural causes within the first year your funeral package will not be provided. Depending on how long you live, you could pay in more than the value of your plan.
From £29 per month
- An approved funeral director who will carry out your choice of burial or cremation funeral
- Doctor’s fees for certification of death
- Arrangement of the funeral service at a local cemetery or crematorium including order of service cards.
- Veneered coffin, 1 limousine and hearse to transport your body. You can tailor your Traditional Funeral Plan should you wish.
- Unlike most providers we guarantee to cover the cost of the services included in your Funeral Package no matter how much they increase over time.
Please note that you will need to choose between a burial and a cremation when you apply for your funeral plan and this decision cannot be changed once the plan starts. For burials, a plot is not included and will need to be purchased independently.
What’s not included?
- The cost of a church service
- Collection of the body from overseas and repatriation to the UK
- The cost of embalming is not included
- A memorial such as a headstone or plaque
- Purchase of a burial plot – this will need to be done separately
See our terms and conditions for all details of what is and isn’t included.