Diversity and inclusion
Your difference is our strength
We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger.
Our people bring us different skills, from their educational background, physical ability or disability, gender, age and sexual orientation.
With a truly diverse workforce, our ideas can come out of different experiences and backgrounds. This can only help create us innovative products, provide an excellent and flexible customer service experience and achieve the full potential of Royal London and its people.
We have a diversity and inclusion agenda that continues to build on making Royal London a great place to work. We’re committed to recruiting, developing, promoting and training you on the basis of your individual competencies and performance.
We want everyone to have the chance to shine and contribute in their own way. Whoever you are, we want you to feel empowered.
All are welcome
Our people have a range of attributes that make them all different. We focus on the protection, respect and inclusion of individual qualities that each person brings. This can typically include:
• Gender, gender identity (including gender reassignment)
• Marital and civil partnership status
• Family and caring duties: including pregnancy and maternity, adoption, and other caring duties including caring for older parents/family members, or disabled members
• Race and ethnicity (BAME: black, Asian, and minority ethnic)• Religion or belief or absence of religion or belief
• Sexual orientation (LGBTQ+): lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning.
We are dedicated to building, valuing and sustaining a diverse workforce. We’re members of the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion - the UK's leading employer network covering all aspects of equality and inclusion in the workplace. They help us in our aim to achieve best practice in equality and inclusion in the workplace.
Our diversity and inclusion strategy is integrated into the way we do things, and run as a consistent thread through all our people policies and processes.