Women in Finance Charter
Annual report for 2017
As a signatory of the Charter we made 4 commitments:
- Nominate a member of the senior executive team to be accountable for gender diversity and inclusion
- Link the pay of the senior executive team to delivery against internal gender diversity target
- Set targets for gender diversity in our senior management
- Publish progress annually against these targets in reports on our website
In the past year we have taken the following actions to meet our commitments:
- Andrew Carter, CEO of our Wealth division and member of our Group Executive Committee chairs the Diversity Council which was established to oversee the delivery of our D&I programmes.
- All members of the Group Executive Committee are required to contribute to our Diversity agenda and in particular the achievement of our WiFC target
- Our Charter target is for our most senior grade to be 40% female by the end of 2020. When we signed up it was 32.6% and at the end of September 2017 it was 33.7%
During 2017, we worked with the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (enei) to understand how we could improve. We undertook a strategic review of our employment proposition and trained all of our most senior leaders on how to lead inclusively.