Royal London launches new Life Cover TV campaign
Monday 11 May 2015
Today, Royal London - the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company - begins a dramatic new TV campaign to promote its ‘no nonsense’ Royal London Life Insurance, direct to consumers.
A new commercial, created by VCCPme, continues Royal London’s ‘We’re So Yesterday’ campaign with Roy, the time-travelling hero. This time we meet him as a Victorian dental assistant, highlighting that “being from the olden days, Royal London knows some things can be more painful than necessary”.
The media activity, which has been developed with Sky Media, starts on 11 May and runs for three and a half months across Sky AdSmart and Sky Media channels. The partnership sees Royal London committing a six digit sole investment to Sky Media.
David Meliveo, Head of Marketing and Promotions for Royal London’s consumer division, said:
“Purchasing life cover in the UK remains unnecessarily complex – from ‘quick quotes’ giving misleading prices, and lengthy application forms, to irrelevant medical questions. This thorny process often prevents people purchasing it, leaving many families unprotected. Royal London Life Insurance removes these barriers to offer a protection solution which is as painless as possible to buy. Our application form asks for minimum information and strips out meaningless, time-consuming questions; 76% of applicants only need to answer two quick medical questions and we promise to stick to the price we quote from the start.”
Steve Mattey at VCCPme, said:
“We’re absolutely thrilled with our latest Life Insurance ad for Royal London. We’ve been able to bring to life both the product proposition and the company values in a highly creative way, whilst delivering charm and humour to one of life’s traditionally drier subject areas.”
Jonathan Robertson, Sky Media Head of Performance Solutions, said:
“We are delighted to be partnering with a client that combines great marketing knowledge with a deep understanding of effective use of data, which has allowed us to develop a complex media plan built round a remuneration model that rewards success and aligns our interests perfectly.”
For further information please contact:
Notes to editors
- The TV commercial is available to watch on YouTube
- 76% of people who bought Royal London Life Insurance online only needed to answer 2 medical questions. (Source: Royal London’s online sales data for this product only, between 15 Aug 2014 and 5 April 2015).
- More information about Royal London Life Insurance: www.royallondon.com/life
- Sky Media is the advertising sales arm of Sky, offering brands an exciting array of channels, websites and opportunities to reach existing and future customers. Sky Media’s portfolio is watched by over 90% of the population on TV, online, and on the go. It represents all of Sky's channels and sites including Sky Sports, Sky News, Sky 1, Sky Movies, Sky Arts, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living. Sky Media also sells on behalf of a range of renowned broadcasters and channels including Nickelodeon and CSC.
- Sky AdSmart, sold by Sky Media, is a revolutionary new approach to TV advertising. It brings an unprecedented targeting ability to TV ensuring this ‘new to TV’ product connects with the ideal audience. Until now everyone watching a Sky channel at the same time saw the same adverts, but with Sky AdSmart different adverts can be shown to different households watching the same programme. Households can be selected based on factors like age of children in the household, location and life-stage, derived from a combination of Sky’s own customer data and information from consumer profiler experts such as Experian. By allowing advertisers to cherry-pick their audiences the power of TV can now be used to greater effect by existing advertisers, whilst becoming accessible for the first time to niche brands, small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and location-specific advertisers.
For further information please contact:
Nancy Baynes, PR Manager in Royal London’s Group External Communications Team
020 7506 6585 07919 170524
About Royal London:
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £82.3 billion. Group businesses serve around 5.3m policy holders and employ 2,829 people. (Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2014). The Group is currently moving all of its UK businesses under a new version of the Royal London brand. The Group's independent wrap platform will remain branded Ascentric.