Bright Grey Introduces Critical Improvements
29 September 2014
Bright Grey – the specialist protection provider owned by Royal London Group – announces some key improvements to its critical illness cover. The enhancements from 29th September will mean leading definitions for the five most common reasons clients claim: cancer, heart attack, stroke, multiple sclerosis, children’s critical illness cover.
Bright Grey is focusing on these definitions because almost 90% of its critical illness claims are for these five conditions. The improvement follows other recent changes, including a dedicated case manager and an underwriter for every client application.
From October onwards, Bright Grey will start to communicate the definition changes to advisers through a new marketing campaign. The campaign will bring to life the focus on delivering value in areas that matter to clients – “We care, you care, take care” – will reach advisers across a range of channels including digital and print advertising; also email promotions
Debbie Kennedy, Head of Protection Proposition Design at Royal London said:
“We’ve focused our improvements on the five most common conditions that affect clients, because we want to offer cover that’s better value; designed to pay more claims; and gives clients the emotional support when they need it most.”
Meanwhile, advisers’ clients and their immediate families will continue to have access to the Helping Hand support service at no extra cost, from the day their Bright Grey menu or relevant life plan starts, even if there’s no claim.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
- Bright Grey provides protection products to UK customers via financial advisers. In 2013 it was awarded: First Complete Awards: Best Protection Provider Marketing and Communications; Lifesearch Awards: Best sales material; Defaqto Five Star Rating: Level term critical illness, and Decreasing term critical illness; Defaqto Four Star Rating: Income protection insurance; Moneyfacts Five Star Rating: Critical illness cover. More information at: www.brightgrey.co.uk.
- Bright Grey’s Helping Hand service gives customers and their families with the practical and emotional support they need at difficult times in their lives. For example, access to specialist nurse advisers who can arrange therapies and counselling to help the whole family cope with the treatment and consequences of a serious illness or the trauma of bereavement. See: www.brightgrey.co.uk/why-choose-bright-grey/our-unique-helping-hand-services/
- Claims paid figures: Bright Grey and Scottish Provident claims paid 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2013. Bright Grey and Scottish Provident, Royal London’s UK intermediary protection businesses, have a shared approach to claims, so the statistics we show cover both brands.
For further information please contact:
- Nancy Baynes, PR Manager: 020 7 506 6585/07919 170524 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mona Patel, Head of Corporate PR: 020 7015 2525 / email@example.com
About Royal London:
Royal London is the largest mutual life and pensions company in the UK with Group funds under management of £77bn. Group businesses serve around 5.3m customers and employ over 2,900 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2014). Over the next two years the Group is moving to operate all of its UK life, pension and investment business under a new version of the Royal London brand. Royal London Asset Management is now under the new master-brand. The Scottish Life, Scottish Provident and Bright Grey brands will migrate over the next 18 months. Ascentric will remain branded Ascentric. More information at www.royallondon.com.