The Royal London Group
Royal London was founded in 1861 as a friendly society, becoming a mutual life insurance company in 1908, and growing to become the UK’s largest mutual life and pensions company. We continually strive to make the most of our founding principles of self-reliance, community and putting our members at the heart of everything we do.
What makes us different?
Our mutual status – we are owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, so we are not driven by a need to deliver quarterly shareholder returns
We re-invest profits back in to the business – we share those profits with our members and increase the value of the policies they hold with us.
Specialist businesses in the Royal London Group include Royal London Intermediary, Royal London Ireland, Royal London Asset Management, Royal London (CIS) Ltd, and Ascentric.
- Total funds under management = £101 billion
- With-profits fund value = £62.2 billion
- Bonuses added to with-profits policies = £285m
- New business generated in 2015= £6.8 billion
- Latest mutual dividend = £60 million
- Total pay out to members since 2007 = £406 million
- 9.1 million policy-holders
- Over half a million members