An update on the guaranteed annuity rate (GAR) Scheme
The planholder meeting took place on 23 October 2018 and the voting deadline has now passed.
The majority of our planholders who voted, voted for the Scheme.
We asked the court to approve the Scheme at a sanction hearing on 12 November 2018. The court approved the Scheme and we increased the savings of eligible planholders (who did not opt out or were not opted out) in return for the removal of the GAR at 11.59pm on 7 December 2018.
Result of the Planholder meeting
|Vote by Number:||10,546 (98.41%)||170 (1.59%)|
|Vote value:||£246,178,291 (98.81%)||£2,954,271 (1.19%)|
Around 15% of those who were made an offer have opted out or been opted out of the Scheme.
We’ve written to all eligible planholders to confirm the outcome of the meeting and sanction hearing and what that means for their plan(s).
We're here to help
If you'd like to talk to us about the Scheme you can contact us on 0345 602 1887 (Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm).
You can find more detail about the terms of the proposed Scheme from the following documents:
- Part A Planholder Circular
- Part B Planholder Circular
- Independent Actuary Report
- Independent Actuary Supplementary Report
- With Profits Actuary Report
- With Profits Actuary Supplementary Report
- Chief Actuary Report
- Chief Actuary Supplementary Report
- The Scheme document
- Royal London's latest audited accounts and financial statements
- Principles and Practices of Financial Management (PPFM)