We want you to feel the benefit of being part of Royal London. So, from 1 January 2016, we'll aim to boost your retirement savings by adding a share of our profits to your plan each year.
A generous toast to your future. And we'll never ask for it back.
We'll review our financial strength and performance at the end of the year.
We'll work out if ProfitShare can be awarded.
We'll let you know what your ProfitShare award will be.
We'll add your award to a separate ProfitShare account within your plan.
You can take the value of your ProfitShare account with the rest of your retirement savings any time after age 55.
- ProfitShare awards will be based on the value of the retirement savings you have invested with us on the date they’re awarded.
- If you have retirement savings invested in our with profits fund, your ProfitShare will be calculated in a slightly different way. You can find more detail in A guide to how we manage our with profits fund.
- ProfitShare awards will be applied in April each year as long as your plan was in force on 31 December the previous year and on the date the award is given.
- We'll aim to give our first ProfitShare award in April 2017.
- ProfitShare doesn't count as a contribution, so it won't reduce the level of tax-free contributions you can make to your plan each year.
- ProfitShare awards will be invested in the same investment choice as your other retirement savings.