Why our Over 50s Life Cover?
Our Over 50s Life Cover is a simple way to leave your loved ones money when you die, as a gift or to help pay for your funeral.
How does it work?
Choose how much you want to pay each month, from £3.95 to £100, to leave behind up to £25,000 when you pass away. The more you pay each month, the bigger the payout your family will get.
Is it different to life insurance?
When you’re covered, both Over 50s Life Cover and Life Insurance can leave money for your loved ones when you pass away. Life insurance can provide enough money to help pay off a mortgage. And it covers you for a set period of time, whereas Over 50s Life Cover covers you for all of your life.
Who is it for?
Over 50s Life Cover is ideal if you just need money to go towards funeral costs. You can start from just £3.95 a month, and if you’re a UK resident between 50 and 80, you are guaranteed acceptance with no medical.
Fairer and more flexible
Over 50s Life Cover has safety features, if times get tough. Our fairer cover means your family could still get some money if you have to stop paying. And it has flexible payments, so you can reduce your cover if you need to cut back on your monthly payments.
All this gives you great value:
- Start from only £3.95 a month – that’s just 13p a day!
- Flexibility to reduce your payments - rather than stop paying, so you don't lose all your cover
- Guaranteed acceptance with no medical – there’s no prying into your health with us. If you’re a 50 to 80 year old UK resident, we’ll accept you.
- Immediate cover for accidental death - from day one of your policy you’re covered for accidental death, for the full amount of money.
- Full cover after one year - we will pay out the full amount of money if you die after just one year.
- Fairer cover – if you have to stop paying, your family could still get some money
- Top-rated cover – 5 stars from Deqfato for cover, features and benefits
- Extra cover - want to leave more money? Simply start a new policy from £1 a month
|Important things to know|
Depending on how long you live, you could pay more in monthly payments than the amount of money we pay out when you die. The amount of money you choose is fixed and inflation (the rising cost of goods and services) will reduce its value over time.
We only pay out on death. There is no cash-in value at any time. If you die from natural causes in the first 12 months, we will pay one and a half times the payments you have paid. If you die from an accident in the first 12 months (covered by the policy), we will pay the full amount of money. After 12 months we will pay the full amount of money regardless of the cause of death.
We will stop collecting payments on the policy anniversary date after you reach age 90 or when you die, whichever is sooner. If you stop making your payments before you’re halfway through your payment term your cover will end and you’ll get nothing back. If you stop after the halfway point, your family will get some money when you die. We can tell you about our cover but cannot advise if it is right for you. If you are not sure if it is right for you, please ask your financial advisor, or visit unbiased.co.uk to find one who could help.
If you would like to read the terms and conditions, call us to have a copy posted to you, or see ‘Important Information’ at royallondon.com/over50sinfo If you apply for cover, you will also receive them with your policy documents.